Document Courier Services

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Johnnyg
    Participant

Advice please,

My step daughter is working in Liberia for at least 12 months, probably more. Her bank needs a small amount of signed documents off her. Which we currently have. They will not accept them via email. I can scan them to her but she has to get them back via a courier service etc.

Has anyone any knowledge of the best way to do this.
    Many thanks

DavidSmith2
    Participant

[postquote quote=1102942]

I don’t have direct personal experience of couriering from Liberia but I do from Ghana (and Sierra Leone and Cote d’Ivoire). Generally, in West Africa, I would say DHL have the best coverage and most reliability. If no one else can recommend a Liberia-specific option, I would definitely try DHL as a first option.

Inquisitive
    Participant

Electronic Docusign is widely acceptable nowadays. You may check that.

Also many establishments has a system of voice recording with established customers that will be legal after another set of 3-5 questions to establish the authenticity.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

[quote quote=1102942]They will not accept them via email.[/quote]

It could be worth asking the bank if they will accept faxed signed copies…

Johnnyg
    Participant

[postquote quote=1102946]

Thanks Inquisitive, we thought about that, but NatWest stated that they would not accept the docs in that format, Ridiculous really as it is costing approx £60 for the transfer. ,

cwoodward
    Participant

Would properly legally notarised copies be acceptable – it would be normal for a bank to accept these…….we use this method from time to time as it negates the risk of the loss of originals and the need for any return.

Inquisitive
    Participant

[postquote quote=1103016]
    I also did some critical transactions in USA remotely with Notary via Notarize.com. You may like to check if that will be acceptable by bank. Their fees are much less than £60.

FormerBA
    Participant

[postquote quote=1102942]

Banks are the pits! There are so many ways to send and receive secure material now a days but banks still mess people about with requirements such as this. Throughout Covid their behavior, with 10am opening and 2 pm closing has been the pits. They have learned nothing

alainboy56
    Participant

@JohnnyG

Cannot advise you whom you should use, but I can tell you whom you should definitely NOT trust to send your docs
    M/S ARAMEX———— completely and utterly useless with an equally performing customer service — sorry I mislead you all — they have NO Customer Service!!

Anyway nice to see traditional UK Banks are still the pits. Nothing changes with them and they’ll hopefully, within this generation, be replaced by new FinTech.

GivingupBA
    Participant

JohnnyG said, “…………Has anyone any knowledge of the best way to do this.”

The same as said by DavidSmith2: I just use DHL personally – works for me, good service, reliable, and worth it (to me).

1 user thanked author for this post.

Johnnyg
    Participant

UPDATE

After many weeks it has Finally been sorted, I looked at all the options suggested, thank you to all, after deciding on DHL, I made a last ditch attempt at contacting Natwest, after explaining everything for the nth time and getting nowhere I informed them that I was contacting Alison Rose, Natwest CEO.

A few minutes later I got a phone call from a senior manager who said he would do his best and speak to the mortgage dept, 2 hours later an email arrived saying that due to extremely exceptional circumstances everything was sorted and that we would receive an email confirming it and a letter to follow.

It arrived the following day, I despair with all the technology available that nothing could be sorted.

Once again thank you

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls