Do you use chauffeured transportation?

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

Strathblane
    Participant

Business Traveler wants to know which form of ground transportation do you use?

http://www.businesstravelerusa.com/polls/Do-you-use-chauffeured-transportation

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

This question should be qualified by country. In some places eg NY it is the norm and highly convenient as mass transit isn’t.

In others it is a necessity for safety reasons – Lagos, Mexico City, Johannesberg et al spring to mind or when it is an unfamiliar destination – Russia, XXXistan.

On occassions the service is already included with the hotel or the flight so of course it is used.

In the UK there are several viable alternatives.

RichHI1
    Participant

I agree. My only difference would be when arriving on evening flights into LHR I take chauffeured transport as driving after 7 hours plus on an aircraft with jet lag is not safe and transport links other than central London at 10.30 pm and after are very restrictred and not necessarily suited to luggage.

Alistarj80
    Participant

Yes i use it mostly for airport transfers but besides that car rentals and taxis do for me:)

MartynSinclair
    Participant

In London:

to London City – underground, Docklands LR

to Gatwick – Thames Link or whatever they are now called

to Heathrow – mini cab or Mrs S

Overseas in Asia, local taxis or hotel cars (when provided gratis)

In the States – usually hire cars

To an event with client and he/she uses helicopter, it would be rude not to accompany…..

canucklad
    Participant

Company insists we use Green Tomatoes when I’m in London—-a bit of a come down from a few years ago when we luxurated in people carriers and Merc’s !

When in London it depends on my hotel and where specifically i’m working……When my Scottish colleagues join me in London they think I’m mad not to take advantage of being chauffered around!! my Octopus card gives me the flexability to choose whether I walk, bus, tube or give the Prius people a call!

The only city I don’t really have flexability is HK– I need to use the local transport companys coach to get to when i’m staying!

Heading to & from EDI I tend to use cars too, because I’m heading away from the city.

New city tends to be taxi’s every time till I get my bearingss

Aladam888
    Participant

I surely prefer Chauffeured transportation, its convenient, little more expenvie yes, but also more flexible in commutting around:)

stevescoots
    Participant

UK, drive my own car, taxi’s only if drinking, trains only if absolutly no other option.

US, car rental

western and sourthern Europe, taxi or train.

eastern europe I have local drivers i have used for years

HK, MTR or taxi

China, drive my self or have my own driver

SergeantMajor
    Participant

Fascinating though juliawilson’s posts are, I’m pretty sure she’s a bot:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/members/julliawilson/content/forum-posts

Perhaps you could let us know if you’re a real person, julia?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls