Disappointing Qatar Airways – have they finally peaked??

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

superchris
    Participant

Flight last week from Doha to Johannesburg on QR via new Doha airport (HIA):

*Connection at HIA from DWC still on a bus (albeit I suspect its not fully open yet)
    *Business lounge in HIA one of the worst Ive seen – no spare seats, no hot food other than soup (again a temp lounge I think?)
    *Flight showed as boarding so headed from lounge yet waited 90 minutes at the gate with no announcements even up until 10 mins after the flight was due to take off. When I challenged the staff they looked genuinely surprised I was concerned
    *once on board no sense of urgency in getting pax seated and flight away
    *787 in economy tight (9 abreast is awful), food was poor and seat cushioning non existent
    *Arrived in Joburg 60 mins late with not one word of an apology
    *By the time I was through immigration in Joburg (about 30 mins which is the quickest I have ever been through) the flight wasn’t even on the board for which carrousel and had to walk up and down to eventually find my luggage in the middle of the luggage hall
    * no QR staff members to complain to
    *arrived late for meeting

Im wondering if Qatar have simply gone as far as they can and are struggling to cope with the speed of change??

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls