Dimming the lights

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• MrMichael
    Participant

Airlines must take responsibility for all the safety systems and procedures in operating their aircraft. Airlines are not unique in having differing views on the safest way to operate. So if Airline X has policy A, and airline Y policy B I have no issue with that. I have more trust in a company that has considered safety than one that has not, so agreeing with SimonS1, trust them to have your safety as a priority. I just go with the flow with whatever the airline I am on considers to be safest, even though the day before it might have been different on another airline ( on rare occasions even the same airline!). It is no different with Airport security, I don’t think any two are the same….and good job too, it keeps those wanting to harm us constantly playing catch up.

FaroFlyer
    Participant

I am fascinated by the praise for TAP seating and food. I am TAP *Gold and find the TAP seating very uncomfortable. Portugalia seating is extremely comfortable. On time performance is a joke.
    I am always fascinated by their announcement that “Consumption of alcoholic beverages is controlled by Portuguese Law”. This seems to be a law that only applies to TAP as I have never heard this on any other airline flying in to, or out of, Portugal.
    Best part of TAP is the ease of earning *Gold, 50 sectors, and the ability to upgrade with miles at the gate on flights departing Lisbon.
    Portugal is a wonderful country, and the Portuguese are very friendly. TAP seem to feel they are owed a living, although no other airline is really interested in buying them. Tells a story.
    I thought that the purpose of dimming cabin lights was to enhance the appearance of the cabin crew:-D

727jesmond
    Participant

Each to their own faroflyer…I really like TAP two more trips with them in December and I’m looking forward to the flights, and of course being back in Portugal ; – ). I just wish they flew Manchester- Faro direct, then I really would never consider the LoCo options at all.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls