Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

HedgeFundFlyer
    Participant

Flew with BA to ATL a few days ago. Was ticketed on to MIA with AA on a codeshare. Missed the connection due to the BA flight landing very late into ATL. BA were excellent and booked me on to a Delta flight so I didn’t have to overnight in Atlanta until the next AA flight the following morning.

However, I have now lost and miles and, more importantly, TPs for the ATL to MIA sector.

Should I insist upon them?

canucklad
    Participant

Hi HFF
    The tact I would take is to thank them for their outstanding customer service recovery by getting you to Miami that night. Tell them how much you enjoyed flying on Delta , then request how you go about claiming the TP’s etc.

Only a jobs worth idiot at BAEC would risk you jumping ship to another TATL alliance by not finishing off the good job by the BA ground staff at Atlanta.

Carajillo2Sugar
    Participant

Dilemma indeed!

For a Gold Exec in Business class I believe it’s about 1500 Avios and 40 Tier Points.

As you say, BA handled the situation excellently, so I guess it depends how much you need them……

Gold-2K
    Participant

When similar issue happened to me I called the Exec Club and there was no issue getting TPs and Avios for the original itinerary. Didn’t need to threaten to jump ship!!!!

travelworld2
    Participant

Yes, that’s been my experience too. BA have been happy to award the points and miles.

Senator
    Participant

In my experience, any “Irregular Operations” or IRROps is normally handled to where the traveller is rewarded Miles/Avios/Points/Tier Points as per the purchased itinerary. I’ve had this a number of times across different carriers..

LuganoPirate
    Participant

If you ask I’m sure they’ll give them to you. It’s happened to me in the past and as the whole system is automated it’s almost impossible for BA to pick up unless you bring it to their attention.

jsn55
    Participant

Yup, just send an email or call, the airlines do want to keep their FFs happy.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls