Diamond Service Memories

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• skyguy79
    Participant

I’m glad others agree that the “bmi” rebrand was the beginning of the end.

Speaking with a Glasgow client yesterday, I recall as a Scot ,travelling MAN-LHR-MAN a lot and in the LHR departure lounge hearing the warm Glasgow brogue……..

British Midland was unofficially Scotland’s national carrier. AMazing to think that GLA-LHR and LHR-AMS the routes that put the airline where it was pre 2001, were the first ones to be axed when the Germans took over…..:(

capetonianm
    Participant

Over a period of several years, I did many shorthaul European sectors on British Midland, both in the back and front cabins.

They set a high standard and it was always a pleasure to fly on them. I too am sad to see what used to be one of Europe’s finest airlines ending like this.

skyguy79
    Participant

If it was Virgin that was taking over BD , I know Monsieur Branson would have the sense to keep the British Midland name alive. But BA ? I feel sick thinking this colonial era airline with little staff morale will gobble up BD.

There’s always the Facebook page called I’m a Friend of British Midland Airways I guess if I get too nostalgic !

seanyjmuclhr
    Participant

Thank you skyguymanchester for this – fond memories indeed.

And ignore the Dark Lord – start as many threads as you like. He has no right in dictating forum etiquette.

skyguy79
    Participant

Well I sure am happy that people have such fond memories of Diamond Service.

BD truly was a cut above ( pun intended when talking of Diamond service !) and set the standards that sadly not many have followed….

skyguy79
    Participant

Remember the hot lemon scented towels and boiled sweets for all passengers before take off and landing……

skyguy79
    Participant

Just found this delicious looking meal pic that passengers still get on bmi regional,showing that Diamond Service can be the diamond amongst the coal !

http://www.airlinemeals.net/img/lightboxmeals/britishmidland040.jpg

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls