Diamond Club Changes

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

BABenji
    Participant

Just recieved the email below from BMI. I’m not a frequent enough flyer with them to know how this differs from what they offered in the past, but I’m wise enough to know that “change” is the term used when things are decreased:

Over the next few weeks, we’ll be making some changes to our booking class structure. If you usually book a flight in a particular booking class you may find that the fare level is different from what you’ve been used to, but more importantly the Diamond Club miles earned may also differ.

The new booking classes will be on sale from 8 February 2011, for travel on or after 1 April 2011.

New Diamond Club mileage table
    For travel on bmi operated flights from 1 April 2011

Business and high
    Economy
    x 2.0
    UK Domestic and W.Europe J,C,D,Z,P,I*,Y
    ROW J,C,D,Z,P,I*

Standard – mid Economy
    x 1.5
    Domestic and W.Europe B
    ROW Y,B,M

Standard – Economy
    x 1.0
    UK Domestic and W.Europe M,U
    ROW U,H,O,G,Q,V,W,S,T

Standard – low Economy (UK domestic and Western Europe)
    x 0.5
    H,O,G,Q,N,V,W,S,T,E,L,K

Standard – low Economy (rest of world)
    x 0.25
    N,E,L,K

If you have an existing booking for travel after 1 April 2011 in a booking class that is changing, then your booking may automatically be amended to the new booking class. The level of miles you earn will remain the same, and all original ticket conditions will apply.

These changes also effect the eligible fares for flight upgrades using your miles.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard soon.

Regards

Keeley Downing

deftone
    Participant

I’m sure the changes aren’t positive from the customers’ perspectives in any event, looks like BMI is going down the tubes, and not just from a financial perspective

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

I also received this mail from BMI and I must confess to not being able to decipher it at all!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls