DesignAir Reveals it’s Top 10 Airport Lounges 2012

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Anonymous

DavisCrawford
    Participant

Just seen this on DesignAir, recognising their Top 10 Lounges 2012.

http://thedesignair.net/2012/11/06/report-designairs-top-10-airport-lounges-2012/

Qantas number 1? totally agree! A good list in my opinion.

Stringfellow
    Participant

Interesting list – I would put the British Airways Concorde Room at number one and I can’t imagine who though the Air France Lounge at CDG was worthy of this ‘top ten’.

Senator
    Participant

Whilst I am not a big Air France fan myself, I have someone I know fairly well who has sampled a fair amount of F-class across the globe.

He was absolutely blown away by the end-to-end experience on a recent trip ARN-CDG-NRT in AF F. From the on-board recognition on the feeder flight into CDG to the arrival “meet-and-greet” at Narita there was nothing to fault.

Perhaps the most outstanding element of the experience was the La Premiere lounge:
    http://www.airfrance.co.uk/GB/en/common/guidevoyageur/classeetconfort/la_premiere_aeroport.htm

He has sampled LH’s FCT in FRA, SQ Private Room in SIN, EK F in DUB, QR F in Doha, but this was as good, if not better.

However, I don’t think this is the lounge DesignAir is referring to…

BAorBUST01
    Participant

I would put BA well below any of the gulf carriers, its stuffy and very conservative, typical Airways, still waiting to see them on BBC busness having called in the Administrators, it will make my year!

Hate them ….snotty gits….give me EK/QR/QF/VS and day at least the staff are not stuck up and they operate flights on time, BA have no idea what on time is the boards at T5 are always full of delayed or cancelled flights….to fly to serve? if they flew at all it would be a miracle!! bye bye airways…its was not a pleasure to have known you….can we have a REAL airline in the UK now please? step in VAA????

Stringfellow
    Participant

In my limited experience (two visits in the past four months) I would say the issue with the Air France lounge is the staff. The building design and amenities are pleasant but all that is ruined by the rudeness and off handed approach of the people working there. For example on my last visit I asked if there was ice and received the response “Non” and the person walk away to have a conversation with her colleague. On the previous visit my wife enquired about a sewing kit (a seam had come apart on her skirt) and she was laughed at full in the face. It is that sort of service that ruins all the good work done by the architect and designer.

christopheL
    Participant

@ Stringfellow

You don’t understand why the new AF lounge as been ranked into this top ten because you never went there. As you seem to be an AFphobic, you probably didn’t fly from CDG since quite a long time, either than with BA, AA or CX which are located in the old terminal A.

The new terminal E is a very pleasant airport and the new AF lounge which is located in the newest part of CDG 2E has a very nice design event if it’s French.

You should give a try to AF so that you can use their lounge before giving your views about a lounge you never went to.

Stringfellow
    Participant

” still waiting to see them on BBC busness having called in the Administrators, it will make my year!”

Why on earth would you take pleasure in a major airline (and employer) like British Airways going out of business ?

Your comments regarding the lounge are surprising but I of course respect your alternative viewpoint.

Stringfellow
    Participant

‘christopheL’ Thank you for letting me know what I have and have not being doing over the past few months. It is comforting to know that you, a complete stranger who has no idea who I am is keeping such a close eye on my business travel. Now next week I was of the opinion I was flying with Air France to Casablanca, are you able to let me know where in fact I am flying to and with whom ?

Thanks

christopheL
    Participant

Stringfellow,
    The fact is that you were making a definitive negative opinion about the rank of the new AF lounge in a design competition … which has nothing to do with the politness (I should say the rudeness in your case) of the staff.
    I’m really sorry if you felt attacked by my post. Howewer I ‘m afraid I still can’t understand your point of view about the rank of the new AF lounge specially if you keep in mind that the competition is a design one.

Stringfellow
    Participant

‘christopheL’ You have your view, I have mine. I would hate to live in a world where we all agreed with each other.

Although I appreciate your opinion that this was a design competition I do not think that simple architecture is the definitive conclusion to the ‘design’ of a structure. Elements such as surrounding views, access, location and indeed the human element also add to the totality. That being said I am glad you have an opinion even if it differs from mine.

canucklad
    Participant

BAorBust. I have to say that as much as I agree with some of your sentiments I’m afraid wishing people out of work is just mean.

Although never my 1st choice I’ve spoken to a few BA people who are a credit to themselves and the aviation industry!

I find certain shops up their own arse. I just choose to buy elsewhere !

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls