Delta, US Air cancel flights between New York and Tel Aviv

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

• canucklad
    Participant

Until it reforms itself into a proper regulator and not as it currently is …a schizophrenic organization, I would be inclined to take advice from the FAA with a pinch of salt….

Charles-P is right to a certain extent; his list of airports is in no way complete…. What scare the living beejeez out of all of us, is the ease and sheer numbers of weapons that can cause us all harm…
    And at any airport, if the perpetrators are so inclined to figure out how to get there…

10 years ago, or so Scotland played in Moldova and the advice from the travel club pretty much said don’t go, but if you do avoid certain areas … the warning intimated that you could find yourself in the company of illegal arms traders ,selling ex soviet weapons in the same way as purchasing a didgeridoo in the outback….

If you thought about it hard enough, you wouldn’t get out your bed in the morning…

Xuluman
    Participant

Ok guys, putting TLV in it’s current state on the same list with CDG/LON is obviously ridiculous. Of course the potential always exists at any airport, but they are not comparable. The authorities agree. It is a temporary alerted state, and a temporary ban.

I do agree however that the decision to dis-continue TLV flights is not safety related. Safety is certainly not an airlines number one concern. I imagine, just as we are doing now….an airline would stop it’s flights so as not to attract attention to its risk management.

If they are willing to risk TLV when others aren’t, what else are they risking that you don’t know about? It casts aspersions on the whole airline. Did the MH17 pax know their airline was risking (on their behalf) a flight skimming the closed airspace at 330 whilst other airlines were routing around it? If they knew, would they have chosen MH?

Is your airline for example not bothering to check engine cowl latches, as they see it an acceptable risk? Or is mandatory checking before every flight an overreaction too?

MH AMS-KUL is still running with the same callsign. I imagined they would abandon the callsign/flight number so as not to be associated.

BA may still be running flights, but suffering a delay today due to crew refusing the flight…

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Hello Xuluman

MH17 ex-Amsterdam has been renumbered.

http://www.businessinsider.com/malaysia-airline-retires-mh17-flight-number-2014-7

DavidGordon10
    Participant

Well, Canuck, I am amazed at the advice not to go to Moldova even ten years ago. I have been to Moldova several times, I have never knowingly met an illegal arms trader, and the main problem is carrying all the excellent bottles of wine and brandy that I am given on each visit.

Xuluman
    Participant

Hi Alex,

The article says from Friday. Until then it is still MH17, but glad to see they are changing it.

Communipaw
    Participant

U.S. extends ban on flights into Israel’s Ben Gurion airport

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/23/travel/israel-flights-suspended/index.html

BigDog.
    Participant

Ban lifted, situation continues to be closely monitored.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28457734

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls