Delta – old 767-400’s from LHR. Anyone flown them?

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

MarcusUK
    Participant

Be grateful if those who have used Delta could give me some feedback, on the LHR 767-400ER services.
    Not many Airlines still run these old aircraft.

From LHR they seem to put these aircraft on, yet from AMS where they have a lot of flights a day partnering with KLM, theu use a mix of Airbus, and also the A333, with the new heringbone style seating.

Why do they use these aircraft from LHR?

Looking to book a return to Vancouver from LHR, via Skyteam Airlines.
    Good offers from LHR at £1,818 return Business class.
    Some via AMS with KLM, others on the A333 wqith new seating from Amst, but not impressed with a 767-400 on the LHR routes.

Any feedback be much appreciated.
    Thanks

Bucksnet
    Participant

The -400 is the newest version of the 767 and they look great: –

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Delta-Air-Lines/Boeing-767-432-ER/1253359/L/&sid=5f2732fb7a2d7a145198e41161e31634

777 cockpit and interiors but only 2 airlines bought them, so that’s why not many are still flying them.

sparkyflier
    Participant

Hi Marcus I have been on them and really liked them. They were not old at all, certainly in very good condition, and I think both seat plan and actual products very competitive against BA, Virgin and most of the other rivals. The J class is better in my opinion on the 764 than the A330.

HarryMonk
    Participant

Bucks, interesting pic, I’ve avoided the 767 for many years across the Atlantic but from the pic its seems like things have improved in Y

LeTigre
    Participant

Yeah, those aircraft don’t look bad at all. Even though 767s aren’t the newest aircraft, I still like the cosy 2-3-2 in Y. BT also recently posted reviews of the J seat on these aircraft, verdict being positive.

A small tip though. DL and VS currently codeshare but do not yet have approval to coordinate prices (pending). So take advantage of this and check both sites where you may well find a cheaper price.

HarryMonk
    Participant

Can someone please explain where the boundary in the airline industry is between “co-ordinate prices” or ” revenue sharing ” and price fixing is?

Vertrek
    Participant

Hi Marcus,

ex-LHR to USA, for SkyTeam, in term of seat, DL is above AFKLM. All DL 767 ships to LHR are equipped with fully flat seat. A word of advice, do not attempt to book DL A330 ex AMS, as it contains their old cradle seat.
    =)

Vertrek.

Edited to add:
    DL ex-LHR trip report
    http://tinyurl.com/l6qqxts

MarcusUK
    Participant

Well a big thanks to you all for your input and time. The links also…
    Very helpful!

Must admit was quite put off at flying a 767.
    I think one of the A333 services from AMS, had the Herringbone seating, but it would be of greater benefit to fly from LHR rather than a hop to AMS, and one less stop.

In using the Delta site, it did list VS services, and KLM, all at the same price, so their “co-ordinating” of prices is happening.
    The price for all of them was the same on a Z class return!

Trip will be some time end of Sept, so will post a review.
    Great to have the resource of others on BT, to make the best decisions for flights, much valued.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls