Deleting already removed data from Google and co.. searches

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

Is there a way to delete what appears in a Google search?

I am trying to remove references that once appeared on an overseas firm’s website. Whilst the firm has removed my bio from their website, it still appears on a Google search, although admittedly, it does not open the former bio.

I know companies search social media and Google when awarding contracts but is there a way for former / deleted references from firm’s websites not being included in current Google searches..

JohnHarper
    Participant

Martyn, I believe Google updates its searched thoroughly on about a three monthly basis and until it doesn’t find you on the site over that period of time it will forget you automatically. If this has been going on for longer than that the chances are that there are still references to you on the website – maybe buried in the SEO data that all decent websites have. Getting that out is a far more complicated job and it will take time, effort and cost money.

I hope this helps.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@JohnHarper, may thanks – I have been told it is a “reverse SEO” that I need. The discarded and out of date information being held by the search engines is an ever increasing problem. What is good to advertise/publicise one day, can turn around and bite you another day.

In my case, a previous association with an overseas firm, which ended about 3 years ago, is still coming up on various searches as a current association. This is causing me problems with a new client, who assumes a conflict still exists.

miningguy
    Participant

Martyn, if you are still able to contact this firm then you can ask them to “request a Google Crawl”. This basically this is a manual way of suggesting to the Google search engine that the site needs re-indexing.

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6065812?hl=en

You can check to see if it’s done (normally 2-3 days after) by typing site:www.[thewebsite].[com or whatever].

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls