DALLAS FORT WORT

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

ROBTAYLOR3
    Participant

I have been booked on a codeshare flight B.A. Heathrow to Dallas then A.A. Dallas to Orange county. My flight from Heathrow to Dallas is due to arrive at 3.35 p.m. A.A. Is scheduled to depart at 5.45 p.m…Am I correct assuming that my luggage will be booked through to Orange County, but I will have to get my luggage from the carousel, then check them again to Orange County then go through the security screening.. Is there some kind of Bag drop after clearing immigration? Does anyone know where in terminal D.Can I just go to an A.A. counter if the queues are not to long to drop my bags?. How do I get to the Skytrain?. It looks like A.A. have been flying to Orange County from Terminals A and C. any idea how long it would take to get to either of these terminals?. If the immigration lines are clogged up and I end up missing the flight will either B.A. or A.A. rebook me on another flight, or will their attitude be that as this was not down to an Airline delay i will have to pay for another ticket. who would I have to see about this at Dallas A.A. or B.A.

Thanks

ROB

Bucksnet
    Participant

Rob, you will have to go through immigration, collect your bags, go through customs, and then re-check your bags for the domestic flight. If your miss your domestic flight, then you will probably just be put on the next one FOC.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Cant give you any tips for the immigration hall, but once you are by the baggage, if customs looks like a nightmare, the BA rep can, if you are very nice, get you through a side entrance for staff. I wont worry you that last summer it made T5 look like a walk in the ocean.

Saying that, i did miss my connection, arrived at the gate with the aircraft and pier still attached, but i was assured another bus would be along within the hour and guess what, there was.

A truly horrific airport – am interested to hear you report which I hope is better.

RichHI1
    Participant

Dfw has shared immigration and is AA hub. Speak to
    An AA rep in immigration ans they will help you if right. When you fly AA connections meet the plane. Don’t just wait in line. If you use a polite British accent they will love you.
    Bag check is easy, as it is through checked from Lhr you Just hand it back after customs. At DFW there is a tram airside.’you go throuh security in the terminal you arrive in and hen follow the signs to air train or tram. Make a note of terminal and gate. These do change . The trams stop more than once in the terminals, are fast clean and efficient.
    There is an Admirals Club lounge in all AA terminals, as a BA silver or Gold off international flight you will get in. Undortunately no flagship lounge any more.
    SNA is small, clean and efficient. How the republican party would like USA to be. If you rent car it is short walk inside. Bags are quick. Returning rent a car there is gas station outside and good access to freeways for all directions. Just remember to repack liquids in bag at DFW id you buy bottles at LHR.

http://www.dfwairport.com

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInformation/destinationInformation/airportInformation.jsp?anchorLocation=DirectURL&title=airporthelp#!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Any arrivals report from DFW would be appreciated, i.e. time to get through the arrivals system.

It is a pain that you cant remain airside for an AA internal transfer

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls