CX to open New F&J Lounge at LHR T3

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

Work is progressing well on Cathay Pacific’s new First and Business Class lounge at London Heathrow, scheduled to open its doors to passengers in late July.

At 923 square metres the lounge – located in the central concourse of Terminal 3 – is some 20% bigger than the current lounge.

The new facility will also boast signi?ficantly more seats:

49 First Class, versus the current 31, and 136 Business Class seats compared to 82.

Another big plus is the introduction of the iconic Noodle Bar, currently only available to those travelling out of Hong Kong and Taipei.

“The new lounge will be a
    step change in terms of our offering
    to premium passengers
    ying out of London,” says Vickie
    Yue, Product Manager, Ground.
    “In addition to more space
    and features such as the Noodle
    Bar, the lounge will also bene
    ? t from a big window space,
    in both classes, with views over
    the apron.”

As with all other new outport lounges, the design concept mirrors The Pier in Hong Kong.

The Product team is currently working on upgrading the lounge’s food and beverage, with an a la carte menu for FCL passengers.

JordanD
    Participant

Surely this is all a woeful bit of lacking joined up thinking. Star & SkyTeam have very successfully launched joint lounges in other terminals at LHR, and yet, less than a year after BA open new lounges at T3, CX are following them.

Surely OneWorld could have thought this through (especially as they intend on being in T3 for the future) and built a shared lounge?

VintageKrug
    Participant

While I have yet to sample the Skyteam lounge, the Star Alliance lounge is woeful in both F & J iterations, and has ruined a once light and airy space into a slow ceilinged morgue.

F&B is not up to par, and apart from helpful staff, it really isn’t anything special.

It would make sense to have a single lounge offering, but the volume of premium passengers using these lounges and the competition on the Asian routes warrants three distinct differentiated offerings. This is also a function of the available lounge space in T3, which works against a single mega-lounge.

DNAdams
    Participant

Does anyone know if QR will be using the new CX lounge at T3? I believe that QR are currently using the old CX lounge for some flights.

We’ve just posted some images and more details on the official opening of the Cathay Pacific lounges at:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/cathay-opens-new-lounges-at-heathrow

PaulJennings
    Participant

The pictures look good. Question (for anyone who knows…): will I be able to access the CX lounge with my BA Club Europe boarding pass this week?

alexlondon
    Participant

Yes, if you are an emerald or sapphire One World member (BA Silver or Gold). Otherwise, you will have access to the BA Galleries Club Lounge which is excellent.

PaulJennings
    Participant

Thanks for the info alexlondon.

I quite like the BA lounge in T3, which is just as well because unless I can find a can of gold spray paint by Wednesday that’s where I’ll be.

The article said that oneworld business class passengers would be able to use the CX lounge, and I was interested (ok, nosey).

Potakas
    Participant

MichelAngelo i think you can, as i read here:

http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_INTL/aboutus/pressroomdetails?refID=55d1e28a1dd0a210VgnVCM62000007d21c39____

Business Class Lounges are open to:

– Business Class passengers of Cathay Pacific.

– Business Class passengers of all oneworld alliance airlines.

Regards,

Potakas

PaulJennings
    Participant

Yes, that’s what I thought. I’ll give it a try.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls