Critical Evaluation of Hotel Loyalty Schemes

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Anonymous

Radu_88
    Participant

Dear Sir/Madam,

To finish my dissertation I desperately need your opinion on hotel loyalty programmes.

The survey below will take maximum 6 minutes. By filling it out you would contribute to my success greatly.

http://edu.surveygizmo.com/s3/498713/Critical-Evaluation-of-Hotel-Loyalty-Programmes

THANK YOU for your time and invaluable help!

Should you have any additional comments on the topic or the survey itself Please do not hesitate to share it with me.

PatJordan
    Participant

Radu,

one thing I find useful about the Priority Club is that they store my credit card details, so I don’t need to physically use my card at check-in. In fact some of their hotels have room keys pre-prepared for PC menbers: they are on a rack beside reception. You just find your name, take the key and go straight to the room. Very efficient indeed.

Best of luck with your dissertation!

Pat

BlackTower
    Participant

so tell us more about yourself Radu. I smell a rat

Radu_88
    Participant

I don’t exactly know what do you mean by “rat” and I just simply cannot imagine why would you call someone on a forum like that. However, just to clarify I am Attila Radvanszki a Hungarian student at the partner institute of Oxford Brookes University in Budapest. I have spent my industrial placement in an international five star hotel(I don’t want to advertise it) and I honestly hope that by this I don’t qualify as a rat in your eyes.
    On the other hand, I would appreciate if you would share your opinion on loyalty programmes by filling out my survey.
    Thank you!
    All the best!
    Attila

Radu_88
    Participant

PJordan,

Thank you for your comment! I am looking for this kind of inputs exactly!

My aim is to compare the recently emerging non-point based programmes with the very popular point-based programmes, so information like that is really interesting to me.

arj1986
    Participant

Hi Radu,

I am doing a dissertation on the same topic. If possible, could you send me a copy of the survey to help building my survey.

Thank you

Regds
    Arjun

(I hope you see this)

Radu_88
    Participant

Dear arj1986,

If it is still useful, please send me your email address in a reply-box and I will help you.
    Best,
    Radu

Radu_88
    Participant

Dear arj1986,

I found a better idea than email…I re-launched my survey and here is the link where you can look at it and you can even fill it in:
    http://edu.surveygizmo.com/s3/498713/e5d0fe99f24f
    I hope it helps! I made a 75% dissertation out of it. Ofcourse this alone is not enough but provides a great help thats for sure.
    Good luck!

KeaneJohn
    Participant

I have completed the survey. Good luck.

A friend reminded me that Hotels.com actually have one of the best hotel reward schemes where they give you a credit of 10% of hotels that you book, be they small inns to major chains. After 10 nights you can use this credit as full or part payment towards one or more nights at any of their hotels.

I guess we are drawn in by room upgrades, miles, points, fast check in and once we become a creature of habit it is quite difficult for us to be convinced otherwise unless something bad happens.

Radu_88
    Participant

Dear KeaneJohn,

Thank you for your valuable comment!

Best,

Radu_88

JamesMoloney5
    Participant

I think the non-points based programs are on the wane…even Shangri-La’s Golden Circle has now moved over to a points-based program.

I used to be a great fan of Marriott Rewards and consistently achieve Platinum status but, as you will see from my Post of about 5 minutes ago (Magnanimous Marriott…NOT!!), I am now looking for a “status match” at IHG….

Do you still need responses to your survey?

Radu_88
    Participant

Thank you for your comments! Most appreciated. No more reply is necessary as I finished my paper already.
    All the best!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls