Courtyard by Marriott

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

Sara Turner

Trying to decide where to stay – do these hotels come recommended?

BABenji
    Participant

Basic, functional, clean. Lack of room-service is annoying as is the fact that you only earn Reward points on the room rate and not any of the sundry items you may spend money on in the hotel.

In its market I would say it is better than Holiday Inn Express or Mercure brands, and I would use over the above two if the need arose.

Sara Turner

Thanks BABenji. Are they fairly consistent in different countries?

Gin&Tonic
    Participant

They are franchised so with that comes variation, although in the U.S they are all very much clones each other.

Sara Turner

And are they better in the US than Europe?

BABenji
    Participant

I’ve used them in Prague, Istanbul and Toronto (downtown and at YYZ). They’ve always been ok; never let me down. I was fortunate enough to be sent off to the Marriott in Prague after the Courtyard had overbooked.

As I say, I would use them again over other brands in that catagory.

OzTraveller
    Participant

Courtyard started in the US as a quality 4 star hotel primarily for business travellers. They have since moved on, especially in Asia, to be a solid quality product rivalling some 5 star properties, although lacking some of the bells and whistle extras (variety of restaurants primarily) that a JW Marriott might. Just take a look at the new breed Courtyards and you wouldn’t want to stay anywhere else, especially at the reasonable rates they offer.
    PS. I don’t work for Marriott but through personal experience thoroughly recommend Courtyard especially Europe and Asia.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls