Coronavirus cancellations on Easyjet

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• only1jpk
    Participant

Puzzle me this, folks: I was due to fly to The Canary Islands on 22 December 2020… Spain (and other EU countries) announced on 21 December that “from tomorrow” UK passport holders would NOT be admitted to Spain or its islands “except nationals or residents in our Country”. I therefore did not bother going to the airport (and taking the flight) as I would not be allowed in.

Easyjet has now said, in reply to my refund request, that “our records… show that your flight was operating, for this reason, you will not be entitled to a refund”. Surely, I am entitled to a refund, as a foreign country made me taking my flight a futile and possibly very expensive gesture?

Stevescoots
    Participant

This is an excuse that some airlines are trying to use to get out of refunds, they are still running so not their problem. Easy and others have come in for rebuke about this policy but so far not seen anything that can get people refunds.

Tand
    Participant

If the flight did take place, there is no reason for a refund. I was in a similar situation last summer, where travel restrictions changed after I purchased my ticket. I called EasyJet and changed my itinerary free of charge.

You have to understand that Easyjet is not responsible for the ever-changing travel restrictions that take place nowadays and there are risks involved when booking travel during a pandemic. When the new travel restrictions were announced on the 21st, you should have called EasyJet and see what options they give you.

1 user thanked author for this post.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

[quote quote=1089313]When the new travel restrictions were announced on the 21st, you should have called EasyJet and see what options they give you.[/quote]

@Tand – many companies, especially those where refunds or credits to clients are concerned, are still not answering phones and / or using “due to Covid 19” excuses etc etc. Even today, one company used a Covid 19 excuse to explain they are just too busy sending out orders to answer phones and emails.

What chance has a passenger got trying to call a loco a day before departure….?

1 user thanked author for this post.

Tand
    Participant

[postquote quote=1089319]

Well, the op could’ve at least tried contacting them. While I agree that it is harder than before getting through to customer service, with perseverance it is still possible, and speaking from experience, EasyJet would have postponed the trip/changed the routing.

By his/her own admission, op was a no-show for a flight that operated as scheduled and expected a refund afterwards. Any other airline would deny the refund in this case.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls