Continental Flight Cancelation Advice please…

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

gregd75
    Participant

At the begining of January this year I was due to fly CO005 from LHR – HOU. this flight got cancelled due to ‘mechanical problems’ (It was cancelled in Houston, wouldn’t you think they had a spare aircraft at their home base for contingencies???)

Anyway, I saw a letter at the check-in desk outlining passengers rights to compensation. I sent an e-mail to customer services asking for compensation. I don’t want people to think I’m trying to take every penny I can from the airline- but I think it’s simply unacceptable to cancel a transatlantic flight and not really be held accountable for this.

I received a letter today (3 months later) from the customer services department. Its obviuosly a generic letter, it doesn’t address any of the points I made in my original email and it offers me $150 US dollars as a ‘gesture of goodwill’.

I still believe that I am entitled to compensation- anywhere between 300 and 600 euros.

What should I do??

I feel that Continental has become such a big airline that they cannod and do not care about the passengers. I mean – I was transferred to the Newark flight but they didn’t transfer my vegetarian meal request. I arrived to my final destination 21 hours later, having eaten a side salad a roll and several bags of pretzels- again not a real problem for me- but I am amazed that the company cannot say ‘sorry’

What should I do??

flyingdutchman1
    Participant

NEVER fly Continental again.

Potakas
    Participant

That’s correct, try European airlines or BA who have greater standards .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls