Continental Airlines joins Star Alliance

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

Senator
    Participant

Hi all,

Good news for us Star Gold and Star fans out there today. Continental Airlines have joined the Alliance today.

Personally, I find the CO BusinessFirst product to be an excellent product. Yes, the seats are a bit long in the tooth, but will be replaced by true flat-beds in the next two years. On long haul, I really appreciate the CO F&B service; good quality, enough quantity, good selection of fizz, wines, and spirits. Perhaps the best part; not served on a tray but dish, by dish on linen. I like the crew exARN, exCPH, and exOSL. They typcially only fly these destinations and I have met some of the same staff time and time again.

I prefer CO to UA or US on domestic flights within US of A, so this is good news.

Added benefit; I checked the CO web site today, and without being a OnePass member you get FF routing options displayed including at least some Alliance members. Inventories of UA, LOT, AC, and SK was displayed at misc searches. I find this useful when calling M&M call centre to work on complex bookings in peak season.

I have SJU-EWR booked in January already with added US Helicopter code-share (assuming they are operational again) on CO. Look forward to this service. CO offered a $59 one way EWR-TSS (Wall Street) helicopter transfer which is a steal!

Hess963
    Participant

Hi Senator !

You are right–it is a great day for Star Alliance FF. I do believe CO is a great boost to *Alliance.
    This gain is definitely much better than other *Alliance members like TK, MS oder want to be members like AI.

Hess

ANDREWYOUNG1
    Participant

Does anyone know if the new seats are on any of the LHR-EWR flights yet, one of the services is on a B777 which are set to be the first to have the new seats installed but not sure if they have been installed yet or when they are likely to show-up ex-LHR. Anyone know?

Senator
    Participant

Hi,

Appearantly no aircraft has been upgraded yet. You can follow progress here:

https://www.continental.com/web/en-US/content/travel/inflight/businessfirst/fleetstatus.aspx

ANDREWYOUNG1
    Participant

Thanks for that, don’t think that graph was on the UK version of the Continental site, will keep an eye for progress and maybe transfer my FF booking from LH to CO if they are ex-LHR.

Senator
    Participant

While I am a loyal LH customer and fan, I like the CO BusinessFirst product better; specially F&B. I am also a big fan of the concierge service; the EWR based concierge gave me a CO Gold card last year on the back of my LH Gold card. Not much use really with AF Platinum and LH Gold already, but nice “marketing” gesture to entice switch.

From LHR I would certainly encourage the use of CO to EWR or IAH.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls