Connecting between Washington Dulles and Washington Reagan Airports

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

ConcordeFlyer
    Participant

I am due arrive into Washington Dulles on the 19th December early afternoon and have a connecting flight the same day from Washington Reagan.
    Our layover time is around 7 hrs.
    I would welcome some advise on the best way to connect between the Airports – dont mind public transport and whether it is possible to check in early for an AA flight (saphire status) or leave luggage at Reagan and head out on a tour.
    Thank you

edwardbm
    Participant

Unfortunately they are still building the Metro Silver Line out to Dulles so…..

The way i have done it before:

Metrobus 5A Express all the way to L’Enfant Plaza Metro Station and then 4 stops on the Yellow Metro Line south to Reagan.

There is always a cab!

Sadly, i can’t comment about whether you can check bags in and go for a bit of sightseeing.

lloydah
    Participant

I’ve had to do this about twice a year for the past few. Normally I take a Washington Flyer taxi. From international arrivals security into the main terminal keep right as far as you can go, the taxi/bus rank is there on the ground level. It’s quick. I’ve never had to leave luggage so can’t answer that but there’s time for a reasonable look around the city. The NGA has quite a good cafe/restaurant too plus one Leonardo on show.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls