Connecting at JFK

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

wannabe
    Participant

Hello All,

I will be arriving at JFK from MAN at 12.40 with a domestic connection with AA leaving 14.55.

I have not travelled to the US in a while. There will be 3 of us in total all with checked in luggage.

Is 2 hrs 15 mins enough time ?
    Do we have to collect our bags and re-check them in ?
    I’ve no idea what the latest US rules are

Any help much appreciated !

Tim2soza
    Participant

You will have to clear immigration and customs on arrival into JFK. You will have to collect and re-check bags. 2 hours 15 mins could be tight. If you inbound flight is delayed and you spend 60 mins getting through customs and immigration, then you will be hard pushed to make the connection.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Is your “domestic connction” on a through ticket, i.e. is your ticket routed MAN-JFK-to wherever the AA is taking you?

If it is, I wouldnt worry, if you miss the connection you will get the next one without an additional charge.

Personally, with checked bags and more than 1 in the group, I wouldnt buy seperate tickets for a flight to the states involving immigration clearance, for this very reason, even with a 4 hour layover.

Senator
    Participant

Hello,

MAN to JFK is AA I assume? If this is booked as one booking, where AA has approved the connection you should be fine.

I did LX to AA with bags last year, and from Gate to Gate picking up bags it took 55min with change of terminal. I was in LX First and got some help through US INS. The issue was bags took a while.

I rang LX who looked up the Int’l to Domestic connection time at JFK. It was either 90min or 105min if I recall. So you should be fine.

Good luck!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls