Computer says no – new levels of idiocy?

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

• jsn55
    Participant

Tho I’ve not encountered anything as bad as this, when I go through a situation resembling it, it’s not the actual episode that bothers me. Rather it’s the ‘smash in your face’ proof that people are becoming more stupid every year. It’s too depressing for words.

2 users thanked author for this post.

jsn55
    Participant

I’ll bet I’ve told 20 people this story! The idiocy factor is so indicative of what some of us worry about with the ‘zombie using technology’ mode we see all too often. On the other end of the spectrum are the brilliant engineers who are thinking up ways to use technology to replace something that is performing just fine today. Take ‘opening your hotel room with your phone’ … I’d love to know how many hotel doors have been unlocked by mistake. Cruise ships who insist you use a piece of plastic jewelry to do anything and everything around the ship … but the system doesn’t work very well, so people are locked out of their cabins … and worse.

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls