Collinson testing at Heathrow T5

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• EasternPedlar
    Participant

Has anyone used Collinson’s testing facility at Heathrow T5 ? I’m contemplating using them for my post arrival testing (days 2 & 8) as well as for a Test to Release (day 5), and would be most grateful for any feedback.

BA advertises discounted test fees at this centre, but no information about the actual discount offered is to be found online. Again, any information about their charges would be appreciated.

EasternPedlar
    Participant

Updating re the second paragraph, there are no BA discounts on the post arrival and TTR tests. Published rates apply – £198 and £99 respectively.

canucklad
    Participant

[quote quote=1096497]£198 and £99 respectively.[/quote]

Profiteering in a public health emergency by any company just seems a tad grubby.
    I’d add that as travel restrictions ease and we can travel with a degree of safety having these companies charge amounts that would potentially alienate lower and middle income families from the advantages of travelling abroad will slow our economic recovery severely , and act as a deterrent to tourists returning to our shows

Eastern Pedlar have you wondered what Collinsons profit margin is, and oddly how much Heathrow are charging them for the space ?

1 user thanked author for this post.

EasternPedlar
    Participant

Canucklad, an RT/PCR tests costs under £8 in India, and the labs make money on that. Collinson and Heathrow are making a killing. News continues to emerge about the huge profiteering that has taken place in the supply of PPE kits, face masks etc and profiteering from testing is very much part of this unfortunate situation.

4 users thanked author for this post.

JDTraveller
    Participant

EasternPadlar I think that the profits that you are alluding to are nowhere near what you think they are. Collinson will be paying for the space, the testing facilities, the staff, the PPE, and the infrastructure that goes with it. Yes I am sure that both Heathrow and Collinson will be making some profit out of this, but this allows them to survive. The pandemic has hit their balance sheets hard and they need to get revenue from somewhere – otherwise we will see more of the “R1 Tax”, more expensive shopping in the terminals, when they reopen, and more expensive lounge visits.

NorskSaint
    Participant

Good morning,
    Can’t help on Collinson, however happy to recommend wren healthcare. Used them back in January when I had to return from UK to Norway via France and found the whole experience excellent. Had to call a couple of times regarding timing etc, and the team were great at allaying any fears.

They will call you as soon as they issue the results to make sure you have received them as well. All in all a great service.

Hope this helps.

Norsk

2 users thanked author for this post.

SimonS1
    Participant

Whenever the private sector gets involved, profiteering is never far behind.

The cost of PCR tests, the hotel quarantine service and so on.

Citiflyer
    Participant

I used Collinson at LCY for the Test to Release in January.

First appointment got cancelled and had to rebook for the afternoon rather than morning (but I think this was due to LCY not having any flights in the morning).

I turned up, did the test and went home. Got a call about 20 minutes later that they did the test wrong and could I come back and do it again. Luckily I live close by so did and got the result the same evening.

I wrote to Collinson about the wrong test issue but never heard back.

EasternPedlar
    Participant

Testingforall have reduced the cost of their Days 2 & 8 test package to £99! It’s still listed as £210 on the UK Gov website, but their own website shows the new rate. Hopefully this will lead to a reduction in profiteering across the board. Their trustpilot reviews are good. I shall post feedback on my experience in due course.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls