CO and UA FFP

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

ColleenKuehn
    Participant

Continental and United will merge their FFP by the end of the year. When DL und NW programs were merged a couple years ago there was extra miles bonus. If I remember right 50% more.

Is anyone aware of something similar that I should wait for or will there be no bonuses? All the communication that I have read about the merger and the “steps” nothing is mentioned…

dutchyankee
    Participant

Excellent question. I would also like to tag onto that question as I find myself with 19K Continental miles from the one transatlantic trip I took with them during the anticipated BA strikes. I will never fly CO or UA again (barring any true catastrophe), so what can I do with this small amount of miles? I do fly Swiss a great deal, however, and would like to know, is there anyway within Star Alliance to transfer the miles I have in CO to my LH Miles and More account?

judynagy
    Participant

dutchyankee, you can transfer your CO miles to me, since I’ve been a CO flyer for 20 years and don’t know any better. I find all airlines in America to have the same dismal standards, but at least on CO/UA I can upgrade with my elite status.

Just think of the joy of giving those miles a good home where they’ll be properly appreciated. Nearly 2/3 of an upgrade for moi.

VintageKrug
    Participant

You can merge your UNited and Continental accounts here:

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/apps/onepass/transferMiles/betweenPrograms/signInHome.aspx

Until 30 September, you can also transfer Amex points into Continental’s scheme (but not United’s) so might be worth doing that before merging the accounts, which could give you enough for a useful redemption.

judynagy
    Participant

Colleen, I think you’re wise to wait … I have no ideaa why we got those bonus miles with the DL-NWA merger, but CO & UA may do the same. Although knowing United, they may charge a fee if you miss the deadline for merging!!

VintageKrug
    Participant

I doubt there would be a bonus; if you don’t link your accounts manually, there is a risk they will set up an additional united plus account for you necessitating a call to the service centre, which would be a hassle to sort out.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls