Club World

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• Caerdydd
    Participant

Regarding VintageKrug’s comments above:

“it’s incumbent on passengers to be clear what their expectations are and not to sit in silence if they are not receiving the service they expect; push the call button or potter into the galley and ask nicely for whatever you need, and if it doesn’t get sorted to your satisfaction, then escalate via the Cabin Services Director or Cabin Manager”.

A word of warning:

I once did this on a BA club world flight and gently and politely told the CSD that his attitude towards myself and fellow passengers was not what one would expect. A feeling voiced by several others who said nothing to him.

On the return flight I was interviewed for my suitability to fly as there had been a “issue” on the flight out!

Following this, my advice would be to say nothing on the plane and write in afterwards. I did not write in as I was expecting a letter from BA regarding the situation but 4 months later have heard nothing. Now I am left wondering what was said by the CSD and whether I should infact conact BA and attempt to ‘clear my name’.

dutchyankee
    Participant

I Flew CW two weeks ago from Barbados with my better half and had a fantastic flight. There has clearly been a re-focus on the food (at least the first meal service) as the main meal service was outstanding from start to finish. The wines were great, and the Taittinger is a welcome change. The only negative I have to say was the continental breakfast. The Fruit salad is served in a plastic pre-packaged bowl that you have to rip the top cellophane off of. The breads and the warm Bacon Sandwiches were excellent, but I felt the fruit looked cheap on a linen lined tray. Reminded me of CW Tea Service with the sandwiches likewise in plastic. Surely this can be improved upon. A small point to mention on what was in every other way an outstanding flight! Brilliant, friendly crew as well, some of whom we had met at the hotel we were staying in.

Hippocampus
    Participant

Caerdydd, If it really is a matter of concern, you can always submit a Data Protection Act request to BA to ask them to disclose what information they hold about you.

Danwolf
    Participant

I think the key here is to not ‘complain’ in the bad-mouthing rude sense, but to provide constructive feedback regarding the service that the cabin crew are providing. If the issue(s) cannot be resolved or the employee’s attitude not rectified, then definitely follow up on the ground, etc.

Marsden
    Participant

I don’t think there’s any percentage in complaining or even politely observing anything at all about cabin crew or the level of service. Too much animosity about and they’ll most definitely take revenge one way or another. No point being even more miserable, just grin and bear it. I do wish they’d be quieter on the overnights though. Doubt it’ll ever happen.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls