Club World with no flat bed???

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

christopheL
    Participant

A friend of mine is going to fly BA105 to DXB on december 9. During the booking process he could read this warning : “BA0105/BA0104 does not offer a flat bed in Club World nor does it offer a seat back video in World Traveller.” The flight is operated by a 777.

He is flying Club World so the lack of seat back video in WT doesn’t matter (but it is definitively odd that BA still operate long haul flights with no seat back screens !).

Does anyone knows which kind of Club World seat he will be “lucky” to travel in ? As it is a night flight, he is expecting a good sleep in a comfy Club World seat before his meetings in Dubai. Is he wrong ?

bacrew1
    Participant

a load of rubbish I’m afraid… all of our 777’s in CW have flat beds, and individual TV’s in all cabins!

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Subbed in euro config 767?

Wouldn’t be the first time.

More likely a system error.

Why doesn’t he transfer to the flight about an hour later, assuming that is definitely a 777 or 747.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I was interested in this thread, irrespective of the accuracy, because it shows the airlines (or at least BA) have the ability to inform passengers about the product.

Pity this doeesnt happen more often.

I also checked the BA website and it is now showing flat bed for the flights mentioned on the day mentioned.

andystock
    Participant

Flew on that flight a month back, it was a refurbished 777-200 with the latest IFE. New economy and prem economy seating.

christopheL
    Participant

Thank you all for you posts

@FormerlyDoS,
    He flies from Paris to Dubai, via LHR (then back to LHR) and the 9.40 PM flight to DXB is 1400 € more expensive than the 20h35 flight whih is odd because the fares from LHR are exactly the same for both flights. is

Another odd thing is that the information regarding the product on flights BA104/105 doesn’t appear except if you try to buy a multi-city ticket such as CDG-DXB + DXB-LHR. It is not shown when you buy a single ticket or a return ticket (which is probably what MartynSinclair you did when he kindly checked).

Computer says “no flat bed”. Howewer as my friend’s PA’s first name is not Carol I think you are right : it must be indeed a system error

JohnPhelanAustralia
    Participant

Is the warning message showing for the whole itinerary because the CDG-LHR flight is on an aircraft with Club Europe seating?

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Doesn’t normally work that way.

christopheL
    Participant

@JohnPHelanAustralia

The warning is specific to the BA104 and BA105 flights which are the flights between LHR and DXB. there is no warning when you try to book a return ticket CDG/DXB via LHR

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls