Club Europe…

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

• VintageKrug
    Participant

I shall be heading in the opposite direction, so should be safe from the Binman curse!

Bucksnet
    Participant

Where were your short haul flights from/to at the weekend Binman?

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Vintage Krug

As someone who will fly 110 segments this year, Binman’s commentaries come across as informed and realistic, whereas yours are incredible (as in lacking credibility.)

Bucksnet
    Participant

VK does magically seem to have almost perfect flights for some reason.

LeTigre
    Participant

I, like many of the writers of this thread have experienced an unusual spate of very good BA short-haul flights. Even so, it always hard to imagine the perfection in every way achieved by BA when VK is on board. The only viable explanation is that we are in the presence of Willie Walsh himself!

KeaneJohn
    Participant

I have a few CE sectors in Jan/Feb/March having gone a bit OTT spending my newly acquired Avios on the reward saver flights.

Also combining them with trips to EDI/GLA/NCL at no extra charge to fit 3 extra weekend breaks in.

I am flying to and from Prague and these flights obviously go from Terminal 3 now.

What is the BA lounge like at T3.

Also does anybody know what the BA lounge is like at PRG. Last time I flew BA I am sure the lounge in PRG was up some escalators near some fast food shop (KFC I believe) although when in Prague earlier this year flying LX I saw signs for a BA lounge next to the LX Lounge (Crystal) lounge in the Schengen area. Does this mean a hefty trek in the airport now at PRG ?

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

“What is the BA lounge like at T3. “

It’s okay. Perhaps not as good as T5, but still very comfortable and perfectly okay. Binman reported a problem with the showers a few weeks ago, not sure if this is still an issue.

VintageKrug
    Participant

There are two BA lounges at T3, a Galleries lounge for Club World and Silver Card holders, and a First lounge for Gold and First Class travellers.

There are showers and an Elemis Spa, as well as pre-flight table service dining in the F lounge. Here are a few pics:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1024763-lounge-pictures-ba-galleries-first-lounge-terminal-3-heathrow.html

stifle1
    Participant

The showers weren’t operative on the 21st of October. No idea if they’re still broken. Passengers were however being invited to shower at the American Airlines Admirals Club.

superdons
    Participant

BA Lounge in Prague is still up the escalator in Terminal 1 (non Schengen). Is a shared Menzies lounge. Very cramped for most of the day with limited refreshment options. Not a great experience!

Scandinavian
    Participant

Lounges in general are problematic. Two distinct patterns seems to have emerged during the last ten years of cost cutting.

Airlines have invested heavily in upgrading facilities at their hubs. BA’s LHR and even JFK facilities are top notch. The same can be said for most carriers at their home hubs (CX, QF, LX, SK).

On the other hand airlines have outsourced to a greater degree or downgraded their non-hub facilities due to cost cutting measures. This has resulted in the closure of decent own lounges (American airlines in general at non-hub domestic points, Menzies taking over some BA lounges in Europe). At such airports lounges generally pale in comparison to hub airport lounges and are generally only marginally better than non-lounge airport facilities.

Lounges cost a huge amount to operate and this cost is generally only compared to a single routes performance rather than taking into account overall affect on brand and overall revenue generation (most high yield passengers fly an array of routes).

This trend is likely to continue. The only hope is that alliance lounges become the norm at non-hub airports. In other words airlines group together with their partners to offer decent lounges on par with the hub product. In doing so costs are shared and the product proposition is improved. BA has probably a tougher task in this respect since oneworld is weaker than both Star and Skyteam in Europe.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Flew BA LHR PAR tonight, mixed fleet cabin crew.

Nice flight, hot towel, nice salad, but difficult to judge mixed fleet service approach as only 4 in CE, in 5 rows of seats.

The CSM managed easily with this light load and everything was lightning fast. She was also very pleasant and professional.

Aircraft was reasonably clean, but had to dust crumbs off my seat before taking it, not really good enough.

VintageKrug
    Participant

It’s good to see that the hot towels are back.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Perhaps the hot towels are back so passengers can clean the seats before sitting – mind you, it could cause a damp patch!

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls