Club Europe food

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• Stowage222
    Participant

Ian – by ‘drinks run’ do we mean Champagne only in the alcohol department? I was under the impression that drinks bars weren’t loaded on those BA breakfast flights or is that just on domestic services?

Can anyone clarify?

Travellator
    Participant

Has always been full drinks trolley on any CE breakfast flights that I have travelled on.

gdbaley
    Participant

I do anywhere between 50 & 60 flights a year between Scotland, WAfrica and AsiaPac and 5 years ago blackballed BA as anything other than absolutely last resort! I now fly KLM or AF exclusively (KLM has really upped their game lately and AF is – well AF). And in my opinion CDG is so much better than heathrow.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Stowage22, it was a full drinks run. The Memsahib and I both bagged two bottles of wine each, the chap in front was wellying into the Monopole, and I saw someone further up the cabin drinking spirits. All before 9am!!

Travellator
    Participant

On my return ( evening flight ) I asked the CSD if it was now the norm NOT to have a bar run on Breakfast flights – he was astounded that I was told this and said a bar run was part of the breakfast service.

He qualified this by saying a full trolley was sometimes not wheeled along with the food trolley but in that situation ‘SHOW’ bottles of champagne were displayed and offered and that another round of drinks after the first run was also offered, he was shocked that only water not even fruit juice was offered !

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls