China domestic flights hidden facts

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

VITAPAC
    Participant

If you are flying China domestic flights , you need to know some facts below :-

1) If your flight is delayed and airlines require to provide hotel and if you are alone, you would need to share

a room with a stranger. This stranger may not necessary from the same flight, it could be a cancelled flight at

1am.

2) CAAC ( China Aviation Administration of China) rules applied to all domestic flights to turn off the

smartphone, it means that even Airplane mode is not allowed. International flights are exempted from this rules.

However ipad and Tablets even with 3G/4G are ok.

3) Airlines in China often overbooked, be early to arrive in the airport to avoid denial of checkin. My flight

MU2319 was oversold on 29.Aug by two seats, I was kicked out, the other person was finally given a seat intended

for the security. Hotel room was offered to me but I declined because I may have to share room with a stranger.

4) Prepare your own meal. Some sectors like Urumuqi-kashgar is given just a cup of cold water and tasteless

bread even at 6pm flight, You can’t even buy any food on board.

5) No need to write any complaints to airlines in China, they are not interested to reply.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Fortunately this reader’s fiancee was lucky that Air China provided her with accommodation when her flight was delayed arriving in Beijing.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/ask-alex/2013/missed-flight-connection

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Did she have to share with a stranger? 😉

stevescoots
    Participant

Unfortunatly for those of us that fly internal a lot in china we are used to the above, on the plus side…well actually there isn’t one!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls