China-70 airports in 3 years

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

China is set to build 70 new airports in three years, the head of the country’s civil aviation watchdog said on Monday.

Li Jiaxiang also said that Chinese airlines will buy an average of 300 planes a year until 2015.

Beijing, whose main airport already houses a terminal bigger than all five at Heathrow is set to get an even bigger one with up to seven runways even though the existing airport is capable of handling 100m passengers a year.

It is expected to be completed between 2015-17

Meanwhile back at Heathrow where our Ministers are too busy avoiding jail with phone hacking companies while at the same time screwing the system with dodgy expense claims…life slowly hobbles on……….

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/china-business/9324765/China-to-build-70-new-airports-in-three-years.html

(abridged with thanks)

VintageKrug
    Participant

I missed this when first posted; certainly a scary statistic.

transtraxman
    Participant

VK
    You are still pushing your own agenda even if you have no arguments.

The Chinese will find that they ….
    1..do not have enough landspace to build an airport in every city.
    2..do not have enough airspace to accommodate the traffic from 70 new airports.
    3..do not have the passengers to attract the airlines to the new airports on a profitable basis.
    4..will end up with a huge deficit which will have to be funded by the eurozone
    5..will end up executing a few architects and bureaucrats for getting rich off the back of the “people” while the politicians keep on gabbing as usual.

Whether it is the case or not in China I do not know but I am sure that if they are NEW airports then they will end up with a lot of white elephants.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

This will still give China less airports than the US, and if I’m not mistaken, I think China is a lot bigger thn the US. They will also, even with these orders, not forgetting many aircraft will be retired, they’ll have less aircraft than the US.

With its population almost 4 times that of the US and rising incomes, I think they’ll have more than enough pax to fill the planes!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls