Checking LHR gates from lounge

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

seanyjmuclhr
    Participant

So, I am sitting in BA’s First lounge in T5 waiting to board a flight to Germany and being the lazy bones that I can sometime be, I wondered if there was a site where I could check the gate number for my flight, as opposed to getting up and wandering over to the flight information screens.

Perusing the BA and the BAA website, I cannot seem to find specific information on gates. All I can see is the terminal where flights depart from and whether they are on-time/delayed.

Common sense dictates that I should put the laptop down and wander over to the screens, but curiosity has me wondering if there indeed a webpage that lists gate information…

All replies gratefully received.

biarritzsurf9
    Participant

BA iPhone App lists gates and when the flight is boarding/closing/closed.

capetonianm
    Participant

I wondered the same the other day at Gatwick and could’t get the answer. I was sitting in a crowded lounge and being shortsighted and too vain to wear glasses except for driving, have to fight my way to the front of the throng of people in front of the boards, so this would indeed be useful.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

LCY does show gates as well as delays etc on its website.
    http://www.londoncityairport.com/

I discovered this last week when my Swiss light to Zurich was delayed and I actually had time to try the free internet/web service.

LeTigre
    Participant

Talking of Swiss and LCY, last week when in central London I noticed a Swiss aircraft on descent to LCY that only just missed the Shard. I know they descend sharply but the plane was about 30-40m below the spire (nice view for workers) and seemed a tad worrying!

SimonS1
    Participant

“only just missed the Shard”.

Yeah, right.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

LeTigre, Just been watching a documentary on the building of the Shard, and I mentioned to my kids when I flew into LCY it seems as if the plane will touch the building. I had a brilliant view, and could see the workmen on the final floors.

The captain assured me we had about a 1,000′ between us vertically and were at least a 1,000′ away. Well it didn’t seem like it at all but if the Cap’n said it was it must have been!

IanFromHKG
    Participant

iPhone app is mentioned above. If you have a Blackberry, you can get Blackberry Travel as a free app and it works very well, will automatically take e-mails that contain hotel bookings and itineraries in most formats and load them into its system, and then give you automatic updates on delays as well as giving you gate details. Blackberry Travel was based on the existing Worldmate app, also available for iPhone, Blackberry, Windows Mobile and Android – but so far as I can tell the Blackberry Travel offers the best free functionality of the group

SMSports
    Participant

The Heathrow Pro App updates with gates & other flight info at the same time as the boards. I use it on iPhone & find it really handy when in the lounge

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls