Cheap Winter Sun

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

If anyone fancies a break in Malta this winter, Air Malta have some promotional fares from slightly under £100 per person.

The search is a little clunky, but mid March looks good (And the weather is better than Jan or Feb usually, 16-18 degrees and at least partly sunny on the average day.)

http://www.airmalta.com/special-offers?l=1

Potakas
    Participant

I have never been to Malta but if i consider your nick name i don’t want to go there 😉 (Considering other posts I think that i should clarify that this is just a joke, i am not insulting you)

Thanks for the offer, the prices look very good.

Regards

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Hi P.Sepsas

My handle is based on a correspondent who gives me much free amusement with letters to the editor of a local newspaper endlessly complaining about minor things that are obviously important to him and who always signs off as ‘Disgusted of xxxxxx.’

Most Maltese are very friendly and if you ever come here, I hope you will have a great time.

Potakas
    Participant

Hahahaha, i was thinking that you was working there and you just wanted to go away from this place.

Hope so, you just solve my problem about the Valentine’s Weekend.

Thanks

continentalclub
    Participant

I like Malta immensely; target for my first ever trip abroad in 1981 and I returned again in 2005 to find that everything and nothing had changed.

Possibly the only place in the World where (in peacetime) I have walked down a road in the morning, to find it gone in the afternoon, and rebuilding well underway by the time the sun rises again.

Industrious does not begin to describe the Maltese!

Valletta is a magical city, the Blue Grotto and Marsaxlokk are beautiful, the history of the island is utterly absorbing and the locals have an almost unique firework fascination. This may, or may not, of course, be linked to disappearing streets!

http://visitmalta.com/main?l=1

TominScotland
    Participant

Hi all

We need to enjoy Air Malta while we can. The Maltese Government is locked in a subsidy battle with the EU and Air Malta may not survive in its present shape for much longer. The airline lost €31 million last year and for a country with a population the size of Edinburgh, this is challenging.

Malta is fun – probably the worst road signing I have seen anywhere but at least when you ask for directions, people do speak English!!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I remember going to Malta for my honeymoon some 30 years ago – on reflection to the day – what a coincidence! I remember how kind the AM FA’s were to us penniless honeymooners plying us with champers for the journey.

I also remember how friendly the Maltese people were, though at the time they had just switched from driving on the left to driving on the right. Consequently everyone was driving down the middle. Chaos!!!

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

“but at least when you ask for directions, people do speak English!!”

Perhaps not completely surprising, as English is an official language of the Republic of Malta 😉

This is our leading newspaper http://www.timesofmalta.com/

“though at the time they had just switched from driving on the left to driving on the right”

Must say this has come as a bit of a surprise, as about 400,000 of us are still driving on the left 🙂

What you are confusing is how we drive on a sunny day – on the shady side 😉

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Nice one Disgusted. Perhaps I was indeed confused after all the free Champagne!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls