Change the BA exec club number on booking

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• KennyNLM
    Participant

Hi all

My wife has been nominated for silver membership from her esteemed gold card holder father but I had already input her blue membership number on a booking. I can’t see how one can change the exec club number on “manage my booking”. Does anyone know how to change this on the booking so that she can benefit from silver tier membership?

Many thanks

FaroFlyer
    Participant

Hi Kenny,

Normally a nominated card holder would keep the same BAEC number. I nominated my wife as Gold and just input her number. If your wife now has 2 BAEC numbers you normally have the option to merge the 2 accounts. If this is not possible online then she can call the BAEC Silver card number.

capetonianm
    Participant

The systems that sit behind the user interface/website have various restrictions on name changes and card number changes to prevent fraud. I am not for one moment suggesting that you are trying to commit fraud but obviously the airlines have to have measures in place, which impact innocent folk (and usually let the fraudsters through!)

As FaroFlyer above says, I think you will have to call to make the change if necessary, but you may find it will update itself when they download the new files. I know this happened automatically when one of my FF statuses changed (downgraded!)

KennyNLM
    Participant

When aforementioned esteemed father nominated her I guess he had the option to give her current exec club number but he did it in haste. I thought one might be able to merge it online, as they have a similar-ish tool to generate a household account, particularly as the name is the same. Presumably if you merge the two accounts then the blue account will disappear but the remaining avios (not much) will pass across to the silver membership account….

LuganoPirate
    Participant

This happened to me a good few years back, when I was unknowingly running two accounts. Same surname but one with my middle Christian name and the other with my first one. A quick call to the BAEC quickly remedied the problem and the account (blue) with my middle name was cancelled.

alainboy56
    Participant

I also wished to know how to change this info, having just this morning in error, put my Exec Club No onto a reservation and then realising or rather, recalling afterwards, that I no longer collect AVIOS and normally fly on my QR Privilege number (as they are also a One World alliance member).
    I went to ‘Manage my Booking’ but its ‘locked’ onto my BAEC details.
    Guess I will have to make a patience-wearing phone call to BA.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls