CDG 2D to 2E

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

Chesostar
    Participant

Hey everyone,

I’ll be flying to the US and I’m flying from Prague to Paris (CDG) and from there to Atlanta. This is not my first flight to the US and I’m going to be traveling through the waiver program. My question is, whether 1 hour and 40 minutes is enough and if I could walk from 2D to 2E. Also, I know when flying to the US you need to go through some special procedures before going through security. Are these going to be in Prague or only in Paris, because that’s my direct flight to the US? Do I need to pick up my luggage in Paris or only in Atlanta because of customs? (btw. both flights are with Air France)

Thanks

jpmarcel
    Participant

Hi Chesostar,
    The only special procedure that should be done when going to the US within the waiver program is filling up your, now not free anymore, ESTA on the web. It should only be done on the official ESTA website, not on those crooky website that have you pay $50 for filling up your ESTA. The true ESTA have you pay $14, supposedly as a support to US tourism…
    Talking about your transfer in CDG, 1h40 can be a bit short considering that CDG is one of the worse airport in EU for a transfer, though not as bad as many US airport that have you walk miles and miles for going from an international concourse to a domestic one (IAH, ORD, JFK,…), but this is mostly because of immigration procedures.
    Nevertheless, if your bags are checked in from Prague to Atlanta, you should not pick them up at CDG, neither should you go through any particular immigration process. I would suggest you check on CDG website (should be available on http://www.adp.fr) for a map of terminals and transit procedures and walkway, this way you don’t get surprised when you get there and can at least be a little familiar with signs, tags and colors.
    I hope that was useful. Enjoy your trip…

JJ51435
    Participant

Air France’ s transfer times at CDG are aways too short. I have come across many people missing their flights inbound from the USA and it also has happened to me connecting to a flight to Nice (which was delayed BTW). Expect to run for your connecting flight or miss it altogether. I would add one extra hour and book the later flight. As for security procedures, there are two at CDG: one for normal countries and one for the USA and Israel.

Chesostar
    Participant

I was told at another forum that it takes only 10 minutes from 2D to 2E walking. What about the procedure though, what is is about?

pomerol
    Participant

Chesostar

I did a very similar transfer about 3 years ago, their are buses continually travelling from terminal to terminal, this would not take more than 15 minutes, as you are flying from Prague to Atlanta with AF your bags should be checked through to Atlanta without having to reclaim and check in at Paris.

Security was not a problem took no more than 10 minutes, but it was not busy, and I suspect their must be times when they are busy, having said that, I would think 1hour 40 minutes is enough time to allow, but would point out their is no allowance for any hiccups, IE. late arrival at Paris, bad weather, etc.

I think JJ51435 was spot on in advising adding at least one more hour to your connection time.

MarkCymru
    Participant

If you’re going business class, ADP are very good at keeping a dedicated premium security channel open. You have to come landside to walk (passing through immigration and security) so I would probably take the bus as they are very frequent. When you arrive at 2E be sure that you follow the correct signs as there are separate entrances and security for the Schengen and non-Schengen gates. The non-Schengen are upstairs, I think.

If worst comes to worst, Air France often send special cars to take premium passengers between planes if the connections are cut short by an unforeseen delay.

The bags will be checked straight through

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls