Cathay Vancouver lounge to reopen on Friday

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• cwoodward
    Participant

Vancouver was Cathays first North American destination and one of the first routes to be reopened after the pandemic.
    The very popular ‘new concept’ lounge was opened in 2016 and the 5500sq foot lounge near gate D70 will reopen on Friday and is open four hours before scheduled flight departures.

Currently Cathay fly’s its 3 class A350-1000 eight times per week but that it seems will return to double daily towards the end of the year.

MrDarwin
    Participant

Any insights into CDG or The Pier First lounges reopening? The alternative lounge in CDG looks very average and have some upcoming flights.

cwoodward
    Participant

The Pier 1st should be later this month.
    CDG no clear update for the past 3 months but should be end August according to Cathay February advise.

1 user thanked author for this post.

sgvancouver
    Participant

All Vancouver flights are operated by B777-300 and have been for the past few months. The fares are ridiculous …… lowest Y class fare in July is almost $6000 CAD R/T. Some days as high as $11,000.

cwoodward
    Participant

sgvancouver -The below from Cathay HK this morning –
    Our flights from Hong Kong to Vancouver operate across a mix of our Airbus and Boeing aircraft, including Airbus A350s and A330s, as well as Boeing 777s. TBH I have never seen a A330 on the route but often the A350-1000

sgvancouver
    Participant

Haven’t seen an A330 here ever !!! And the last time I saw an A350 was months ago.

MarkivJ
    Participant

I LOVE that lounge! The food, the seating, spacing, views of the runway. All just too amazing! Hands down the best (non HK) CX lounge!

cwoodward
    Participant

[postquote quote=1368821]

My post re aircraft on the route quoted Cathay web site as of this morning.
    I have not seen a A330-300 on the route for some time however this aircraft did fly and could fly the route as the A330-300 has the range with about 1500K to spare. The earliest flight that I can find using the A330 was in 1983 and certainly it was still plying the route into 2019 on occasion.

The A350 still fly’s the route at times and back early in the year it was the normal aircraft on the route.

Interestingly almost all flights ex HK are showing full even into July and those showing availability show only 2 or 3 seats left. Its time for the second daily flight to resume asap

tomyam42
    Participant

I thought that the first flight of an A330 was 1992.

cwoodward
    Participant

No -much earlier is my understanding from looking at available records.

AlanOrton1
    Participant

Off topic a bit, but Airbus’s own website states the first flight of the A330 was in 1992.

cwoodward
    Participant

You are 100% correct Alan
    The first flights were operated by a B747-200. (this from Cathay web site)

I should check internet info more carefully…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller June 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller June 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls