Cathay : The Aria suite

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

• cwoodward
    Participant

Cathay

The Aria suite + Premium economy

//www.cathaypacific.com/conten…il_16-9_EN.mp4

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

cwoodward- video not playable

cwoodward
    Participant

Sorry about that – it looks to have been taken down
    Will try to find again and repost

GrahamC
    Participant

1 user thanked author for this post.

Mark
    Participant

A seat with a “door”

All promises of the best latest greatest……
    Until the next Latest greatest….

AndrewinHK
    Participant

On first view it looks like the same seat as BA’s Club Suite, with a very on brand Swire premium finish, it looks very classy, I cant wait to try it.

cwoodward
    Participant

It is clearly Andrew very much more a “Cathay” seat in that it is an up-grade of the existing business class seat heavily breathed on once more by JPA to achieve a classic(as Andrew mentions) Swire premium product.

What also interests me also now that I am retired is the seeming expansion of the PE cabin from 4 to 6 rows, the addition of 2 dedicated toilets and the new what I believe to be the HAECO (Swire) tweaked Vector Premium seat ?
    This looks now to be a good solid product for mid-haul (for me) daytime travel and a good long-haul product for the younger and self financing among us.
    A cabin in which I would happily travel down to AU ( just over eight hours) on a daytime flight in a front row window seat.

cwoodward
    Participant

It is now confirmed that the ‘Area’ seat is based on a totally new seat design and is the launch of JPAs new concept seat that has been featured, engineered and refined for Cathay Pacific.

What it is not is an update of any existing seat platform.

“Project AIRTEK is a JPA Design collaboration with Williams Advanced Engineering and SWS Aircraft Certification to create the future of lightweight and sustainable cabin structures.
    The partnership, which is funded by the UK Governments’ Aerospace Technology Institute (ATI), brings together world class experts in design, engineering, manufacturing, material sciences and aviation certification”.

Cathay has also developed a new first class seat named “Halo Suite”. Initially designed for the Boeing 777-9 however I feel that it is likely to also to be added to some of the airlines newer 4 class 777 300s.

Woodpecker
    Participant

Cwoodward, I had a round of the Travel Expo at HKECIC about two weeks back. Although Cathay had a large booth, unlike pre Covid years there was no mock seat to experience.

From the video as compared to existing options, the Premium Economy seat seems to have the biggest improvement.

AlanOrton1
    Participant

Only being rolled on 773 airframes though.
    It looks remarkably similar to the new Ethiad J seat(?). Perhaps it’s a slightly tweaked Collins Elements seat.
    I hope it’s a bit softer’ as I find the existing CX 773 seats a tad hard.

cwoodward
    Participant

Not the Collins seat Alan

superchris
    Participant

I know many would say they have lost their way somewhat in the last few years, but Ive always had a soft spot for Cathay. The colour pallet, the lounges in HK, the champagne and drambuie cocktails, using your name in service etc. Always will be one of my favourite carriers.

Nicholas Bacon
    Participant

Looks very impressive. I am flying CX from LHR to HK and then a few days later fly on to Tokyo Haneda (both on J). Fly back to LHR a week later via HK. The question is: will I get to enjoy the new Aria Suite? Presumably there is a good possibility on the LHR legs?

AlanOrton1
    Participant

Unfortunately that could be unlikely, as the roll out has not yet commenced and when it does the schedule is one per month. Also, this is only being introduced to the long haul 777, so a different product on CX a350 equipment. (Which also fly ex LHR).

cwoodward
    Participant

“the schedule is one per month”
    I am unsure from you post if you are referring to Cathay or BA.
    If Cathay that looks very slow to me given the resources available to CX in both China and HK.
    I suggest that the roll out will be significantly faster

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls