Cathay San Francisco lounge reopening after renovation

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• cwoodward
    Participant

The lounge will reopen on 29th August and during the lengthy pandemic induced closure it has been given a ‘lite’ renovation but will some time next year receive a more substantial ‘top to toe’ upgrading to the same relaxed residential feel as the Hong Kong flagship CX lounges by Ilse Crawford.

It is confirmed also that the current substantial terminal renovations at Hong Kong will include a new and additional Cathay ‘Flagship’ lounge.

It seems though that the rumoured new ‘arrivals lounge’ is yet to be confirmed as going ahead.

2 users thanked author for this post.

maxgeorge
    Participant

Well, Mr W, I hope their new Arrivals Lounge at HKG will be an improvement on the old one.

‘Grim little cubby hole’ would have been an appropriate description, as I recall.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

Small yes but grubby definitely not. It worked for me coming off the JFK flight at 4.30am meant one of the first into the lounge and no queue for a shower before connecting to SIN.

maxgeorge
    Participant

Agreed, not grubby by any means.

But grim insofar as laggards, such as myself, had slim pickings of the tucker, or the showers.

Not that it much mattered – I always made a point of a good stopover in HK, and would be on the MTR Airport Express into Kowloon in short order.

cwoodward
    Participant

It seems that Cathay have not revealed even to journalists weather or not there will be a new arrivals lounge.
    The original although situated in a cramped corridor between the then 2 check-in areas it was warmly welcomed And appreciated at the time.

Coming off of the early London flight I used it often prior to going to my office – providing that you were quickly off of the flight and hussled there were plenty of seats food on offer as the London flight was often the first in around 5am.

As Cathay grew it became obviously too small but it was the airport authority who forced the closure as they were re building the area and as I was told at the time no other suitable space available.

Although the lounge was far from palatial it was considerably far from being a ‘cubby hole’,as max amplified neither grim or grubby at least until about 11 am after the early morning rush.

The below revue has some decent images –

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/10/cathay-pacific-hkg-arrival-lounge-review/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls