Cathay Pacific to return to Sri Lanka after 4 years

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• cwoodward
    Participant

Cathays A330’s will be returning to Columbo 3 times a week from February 2024
    As Sri Lanka continues to welcome a growing number of leisure and business travellers, while recognising the diversity of Colombo’s travellers.
    Cathay Pacific Regional Head Customer Travel and Lifestyle South Asia, Middle East and Africa Anand Yedery said, “This is an important occasion as we announce the relaunch of Columbo flights. Cathay Pacific’s return not only signifies our commitment to our customers but also showcases the important role Sri Lanka plays in our network.

2 users thanked author for this post.

sparkyflier
    Participant

Thank you cwoodward to share that information. Good to see CX return to Colombo and hope other carriers return or increase their schedules there.

Sri Lanka has had a very tough time in recent years but I hope things will improve very soon, and A330s with business and leisure travellers spending lots of money there will impact many directly.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

Will these be direct flights or HKG-SIN-CMB and vice versa?

cwoodward
    Participant

CL2 As reported they are direct flights but more info to come as this has not been publicly announced in HK yet.

Ekond222
    Participant

samuelwilliams
    Participant

This is positive news for travelers between Hong Kong and Sri Lanka. Cathay Pacific’s resumption of flights to Colombo with three weekly A330 flights reflects their dedication to the market and belief in Sri Lanka’s future tourism industry. I extend my best wishes for the success of this new route, which will undoubtedly benefit travelers and enhance air connectivity between the two destinations.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls