Cathay Pacific A330-300 (3-class) Premium Economy

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

AbhishekMitra
    Participant

As the Premium Economy concept is still relatively new, I have to compare my experience with those I had flown in the past, namely Qantas and Virgin Atlantic.

The check in and boarding at Cathay Pacific was fast as they had dedicated counters for Premium Economy. However, the cabin crew are shared with Economy, hence they never appear between services; this is appalling compared to the other airlines who have dedicated crew for Premium Economy and cost much less.

There is no menu provided to Premium Economy passengers, who have to rely on the heavily accented speech of the cabin crew. I ended up ordering something I was allergic to, but because the crew then all went to serving Economy passengers, I could not bring my problem to their attention until they were removing the plates, by which time it would have been embarrassing to order something else.

The wine service is non existent unless you ask for it. On a Qantas flight, it flows freely. I seemed to be the only one in the Premium Economy enclosure who wanted wine between meals but it would have been nice to be offered some without having to press the call button for it every time.

Overall, this service is nowhere near that of Qantas. It is better than Virgin in that they don’t run out of food as Virgin do, but I would not recommend it over Qantas, who charge marginally more. I chose to fly Cathay only because many people recommended it over Qantas, but having flown both, I would always go with Qantas in the future.

Tinp0tTaipan
    Participant

Totally agree. I flew Cathay PE HKG-SYD last year and was really disappointed with the service. Qantas is by far the best PE.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls