cathay diamond

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• stevescoots
    Participant

Anybody know if there is a CX diamond desk in HKG? I have spent 6 weeks battling with the call centres, chat bots and on the website trying to get eight sectors, 4 long hauls and 4 short , all on CX accredited to my account and getting nothing. Promised return calls do not materialise. Claims stick at pending.

On another note was anyone a member of the Cathay lab? I see they killed the forum, maybe a few too many less than complimentary comments

cwoodward
    Participant

Steve a couple of things that may assist but that you perhaps already use
    Often when calling from HK to what was the ‘diamond’ line now just priority I can get on to a HK supervisor who is able to fix things in a flash.
    Probably you are aware of this- on the other side of the HKG first class check-in there are some what I would deem help desks and often on those teams there is a senior with a huge amount of knowledge that on occasion has been able to quickly fix difficulties . I haven’t been around that side of the check-in for a while and trust that the desks are still there.

1 user thanked author for this post.

stevescoots
    Participant

[postquote quote=1354762]

Thanks, I have not been round that side of the F desks ever i think. I will take a look next week

PaulHKG
    Participant

I have a similar problem in getting missing mileage and refund ($ and miles) for 2 cancelled award tickets. Total miles missing is over 150,000.
    Been contacting them through the new Whatsapp which is a total waste of time. Been on the phone for a few hours in total. Been told then to send emails to a new mail address,… all to no avail over the past 4 months.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

There is no separate number any more, but after putting in your Diamond number (done early on in the automated part of the process) you should nonetheless get priority. Having said that, wait times can vary considerably. Recently (we’re in Phuket) we tried calling the HK and Thai numbers – I had already started with the Thai number but was still on hold when we called the HK number and got through more quickly. So arbitraging call centres might help if the problem is getting through, but it sounds as though even when getting through you struggled to get a resolution.

I was a member of Cathay Lab and participated for a while but it seems to have round up.

cwoodward
    Participant

It still do not understand why the ‘Diamond line’ was deleted. Damaging false economy in my view.

However after several false starts last year I find that my ‘diamond’ number works well. I have needed to use it frequently over the past couple of months and never waited more than a couple of minutes. Also the quality of the responses has improved out of sight and seemingly now there are a special team that respond to ‘diamonds’

Not what it was but it works reasonably well ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller June 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller June 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls