Cathay A321 Hanoi to hk – one of best flights ever

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• christ
    Participant

Flew from Hanoi to Hong Kong on 22 February and the service was outstanding in business.

We paid extra for fasttrack security and passport control and were in the lounge within 10 minutes of check in.

It is a third party lounge but the food was quite varied and basic drinks – however a relaxing space.

Boarded the A321 and it felt very modern and fresh. There are 12 seats in business and 2 outstanding cabin crew who made the flight. A couple of glasses of champagne pre take off. Food was excellent as had a lovely salmon with green beans and potatoes (full menus provided for drinks and food).. The service was truely professional and like.a restaurant topping up drinks and even the seat opposite us when they ran out of salmon were offered crew meal as an alternative which looked nice.

I think the small cabin with 2 staff allows for personal service versus on the wide body wherr service is haphazard at times.

The seat was very comfortable and big tv and for a short flight I preferred v the a330 or a350. There is a decent recline and it feels spacious. Also there are air vents and which many aircraft no longer have.

It really is a shame few European airlines have such seating.

I chatted to the crew quite a bit who were a younger guy and an older lady who worked so well together. I said that they were the best crew I have ever had on cathay and probably any airline and how attentive they were and they were so grateful.. Also they were happy to share experience about their travels and where to visit.

It was like chatty BA crew (and they acknowledged that they know BA crew generally like to chat to customers more) but with the difference of being on an excellent plane.

Highly recommend the A321.

I took photos but struggling to add due to size but will try to compress later.

1 user thanked author for this post.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

“Food was excellent as had a lovely salmon with green beans and potatoes (full menus provided for drinks and food).. The service was truely professional and like.a restaurant topping up drinks and even the seat opposite us when they ran out of salmon were offered crew meal as an alternative which looked nice.”

Did they run out of food or just the salmon choice. Offering crew food to business class passengers is odd.

2 users thanked author for this post.

christ
    Participant

They ran out of salmon as they only had 10 and all had ordered.

cwoodward
    Participant

“They ran out of salmon as they only had 10 and all had ordered.”

ONLY? As there are only 12 business class seats in the Cathay A321 I would suggest that 10 was an excellent ratio when there was another choice(s?)..

christ
    Participant

Yes, i agree that 10 was a good amount for 12 seats.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls