Catering on Norwegian

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• DEP
    Participant

What food is served on Norwegian Gatwick-Bergen?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Welcome to the forum DEP.

NorskSaint
    Participant

Hi DEP.
    Not a great deal, I fly with D8 quite a bit and if I remover rightly it’s more snacks, tapas packs etc vs something like BA BOB thats mainly sandwiches. I’ve always purchased airside and taken my own onboard.

Edit – Norwegian is a buy on board as well so nothing served free of charge.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Norwegian is so far the only low cost carrier I have felt positive about although I have never flown with it before .

Understandably on short haul routes there is no food offered but I presume on the longhaul in their Premium cabin it is rather decent compared to other carriers Premium Economy long haul catering ..

In all cases ,most european carriers catering on long haul in Economy has become utterly miserable ,with the best ones following the worst ones initiatives ,pushed by the desire to save money .

mkcol74
    Participant

[quote quote=917894]What food is served on Norwegian Gatwick-Bergen?[/quote]

@DEP-2
    A very quick Google found you this info

Just remember that Norwegian only accept payment by card, no cash.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

But is it different for Norwegian long-haul ?

When Norwegian first started long-haul to BKK there were many complaints and especially from Thai passengers.

At that time it then had to change its policy.

Passengers wail after flying Norwegian’s new long-haul routes

mkcol74
    Participant

Looking at their longhaul page it seems that it’s card only.

“Your personal snack bar
    Our interactive snack bar on board our 787 Dreamliner makes ordering refreshments between servings easy as pie. Order and purchase snacks and drinks directly from the touch screen of the in-flight entertainment system. Choose from our selection of refreshments, pay by swiping your credit card and the crew will be right over with your order.

The snack bar is open between the first and second round of service. Accepted credit cards are Visa, MasterCard and American Express. Sorry, we can’t take cash.”

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls