Careful when QR ask you to issue your ticket

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• terry1968
    Participant

Got a bit of a fright at check-in when Qatar staff told me i was booked to fly home from Hanoi but i was standing in HCMC (SGN) airport.

Originally booked from Hanoi but i changed departure point two days after i made the booking. I was sent a new e-ticket which clearly read confirmed from HCMC and seat number . Upon making the change agent was pretty clear that i should re-issue my ticket via an issue button on the website. Tried this over and over – error message every time . Called them and was told problem fixed but I noticed several times that the issue ticket button re-appeared. Emailed Qatar as was concerned by this – Qatar dodged my question. Fast forward to check in desk – was told to call Doha. Got cut off three times whilst being transferred. Fourth call, agent told me to log onto web and click “issue ticket” button . Surprise, surprise, it didn’t work . Agent sorted it manually seconds before my credit ran out. My first call cost me GBP42 .

Qatar not refunding my phone calls , no apology for their incompetence or shoddy IT. Great in the air but Customer Service woefully lacking

2 users thanked author for this post.

MS
    Participant

I always use VOIP to make international calls….if you did that, the call would have costed you £0.15/min – making it equivalent of that £42 for talking to them for 280mins haha

1 user thanked author for this post.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I do the same using either Viber or Skype. $5 with either gives an awful lot of airtime.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Please excuse the slight drift, but even in the UK I am using WhatsApp for nearly all international calls. Apart from the initial 3 seconds connection at the start of the call, forgetting the call is generally free or priced far cheaper than landline and traditional mobile, the big winner for me, crystal clear speech and far better line clarity.

DavidSmith2
    Participant

Just one warning about using Skype with BA (and this may apply to other airlines and platforms). If you book, uphrade or do anything which requires an online payment to BA, you have to input your CCV code via your keypad. This is not possible with skype. So you end up after an hour of waiting and explaining, only to find you have to revert to a mobile phone to do it all over again.

ASK1945
    Participant

[postquote quote=1217638]

Me too – even though I get free one hour per month free Skype calls through my Office 365 subscription. I only use Skype to speak to people who don’t have WhatsApp.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

The only problem with WhatsApp is calling a land / fixed line is not possible, whereas with Viber and Skype it is. But if the other party has WhatsApp then I use that or Telegram.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls