Canadian Airlines DC-10 service to NRT

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

Thought I’d start a new thread, since I was getting off-topic when I started this conversation last month on another thread. Yes, hhbaxter, I do remember when Canadian Airlines operated the YYZ-NRT service with DC-10-30 aircraft. Didn’t know that they were former PIA planes. Guess I assumed they were originally CP Air or Ward Air. Only started flying to NRT after Canadian became part of Air Canada and the DC-10s were phased out.

As I said before, the flight was then operated with A-340-300 equipment for some time. For a brief period of time – only one winter season, if I recall correctly – extended-range 767-300s were used. Almost hard to believe, I know. I even spoke with an Air Canada employee once who swore that I was mistaken. Could not have been a 767, he insisted (well, yes, it was 🙂 )! Take-off was long, indeed. Not a bad service, but much better these days, of course, with nice 777 aircraft (‘pods’ in Executive Class, replacing the old recliner seats).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls