Can recommend Singapore’s Mandarin Oriental

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

AlecTarrant
    Participant

Go for the Club Room and the associated benefits – you will not be disappointed. Great to use as a get away for some work in peace and quiet.

FrequentTraveller
    Participant

I have stayed twice at this hotel twice in the last 18 months. The level of service is fantastic. I can’t comment on the club rooms, but the standard and lowest level suites are both excellent.

peterwest
    Participant

i have stayed there on numerous occasions over the last 10 years and it has always been a fabulous experience!

CrazyCanuck
    Participant

another good thing is that there a few shopping malls within a few minutes of the hotel….

outside the hotel looks like its from the 70’s though…..i.e. concrete central

TomasReisinger
    Participant

Nice hotel, nice view to Marina Bay. Small problem is with Club room lounge – is closed from 9 pm.

dpassmore
    Participant

Great hotel and location although on my last visit, there there was a lot of ongoing construction outside of the hotel area, however, this may now be completed.

Excellent service, although some may find it overpowering at times – highly recommended.

j.ph.fco
    Participant

If you’re used to Mandarin Oriental else where and specially in HK (i.e the MO or the Landmark MO) you’ll be very disappointed as the Singapore one is far from the usual MO standard, even at the execitve floor. The club lounge is nice though. Rooms are small and not that well maintained. Try the Four seasons or the Marina Mandarin instead.

If you’re not use to MO standards or Asia 5 stars hotels, then Singapore MO will be fine.

CaliforniaDreaming
    Participant

Mandarin Oriental in Singapore has excellent service. Too good in fact… I left a suit in the closet in my room on purpose, because I didn’t want to lug it back to California. A week later, I received a Federal Express box from them with an apology letter and the suit! I ended up donating the suit to Goodwill, but I was very impressed by the service.

OzTraveller
    Participant

I’ve stayed at almost every 5 star hotel in Singapore over the years, but I can’t say I agree with those here that praise the Mandarin Oriental there. My tuppence worth is for The Fairmont (formerly the Westin and more recently Raffles The Plaza). The best location, wonderfully large rooms, excellent restaurants, leisure facilities and shopping mall next door along with the efficient subway.

Try expedia.com they usually have great value for money rates there.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls