CAb drivers promise chaos over Uber

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

KarlMarx
    Participant

On top of the recent tube action, cab drivers are now threatening more chaos.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/londons-black-cabs-plan-severe-chaos-for-capital-in-protest-against-taxi-app-uber-9339404.html

I find Uber very useful, does anyone else use it?

DoorsToManual
    Participant

I think Uber is exactly what was needed in London. Addison Lee have too strong a hold and are very unreliable when it’s a route not on a Tom Tom. Uber are fast and efficient and you get great service.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’ve not used it personally, but I have been with colleagues who’ve used it in New York. I think it’s brilliant, traffic was heavy, it was cold and raining, yet we found a cab (limo) in two minutes and could watch its progress as it inched towards us in the Manhattan traffic.

It’s what London needs. It’s SO frustrating trying to find a cab when it rains or around shift change time when you see plenty of empty cabs with no “For Hire” light on and no passengers sitting inside. In this respect NY is ten times worse and I find the yellow cabs to be cramped and often rather smelly, especially if the driver is enjoying his kebab while driving you!

Personally I think Uber and London cabs would make a good fit, so instead of trying to beat them, join them, or, if they’re so keen to pay tax (and the fare is higher when using Uber) develop a competing system exclusive to them!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Cab drivers have just given Uber some great PR…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls