Business Travel Survey

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

• PeterCoultas
    Participant

MrMichael the environmentally friendly bottle collector: I remember a 3 week holiday on the French Riviera as a student that was entirely funded by the 1 Franc deposits I could reclaim if I got up from my sleeping bag on the hotel pool-side lounger bed early enough.
    A great 3 course, all included, meal could then be had for 10 FF and totally free views on St Tropez beaches were an eye opener (though I was lucky not to be arrested when french police disguised in swim suits raided the beach to remove the “exhibitionists”).

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Well Adele, I think you’ve got enough material here to complete a Masters?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Charles, +1. I expect Health and safety will soon ban bullets as they can kill people and so our soldiers can’t be sued and imprisoned they’ll all be issued with water pistols!

WWF – Don’t get me started on this one. I’m sure their intentions were good when they first started, but every year they hold a gala and fly in high profile guests, Business or First and sometimes even with a private jet and put them up in Suites in five star hotels. Like Oxfam and so many others it’s “do as I say, not as I do”!

sandtrekker
    Participant

All this ‘concern’ about the environment is disingenuous. I distinctly remember flying in the 50s, 60s and 70s without a thought about the environment. The reason being was that there were so few flying relative to today. The world is becoming more polluted and crowded and no one will admit the reason. Let me spell it out: O-V-E-R-P-O-P-U-L-A-T-I-O-N.

The amount of people entering the market place, the travel place, the empty space place is gathering momentum. Until we acknowledge this and do something about it, we will continue to pander to and pay lip service to the chattering classes.

MrMichael
    Participant

Canucklad, I read recently that the whole Brazilian rainforest accounts for just 2% of the earths oxygen replenishment and that it is a very inefficient forest. You see South America just does not have enough pollution for the rainforests to gobble up the carbon and create more oxygen from it. So when they say the Brazilian rainforest is the lungs of the world it is poppycock. 94% of our oxygen come former the sea, Algae. Please do not ask me to evidence this, I cannot, I just read it somewhere. To be honest, even the nice tree huggers cannot prove it. Something I can evidence though is that science has not yet found a way to create carbon, we can’t do it, we can dig it up and burn it, boil it, eat it and **** it, but we cannot create it or make it.

AdeleMcAulay
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    I would like to thank all who have took part in the survey, the outcome so far is certainly overwhelming and more than appreciated. I am very grateful for the number of people expressing their opinions on the matter, the posts have been very interesting and great to read. Curious to find out if anyone would be willing to participate in an online focus group in order to express your views in a more constructed environment? I understand there could be some constraints of everyone having access at the same time to resolve this problem, a question a day will be posted for the duration of a week to ten days. The group will consist of 6-8 people and participants must be willing to disclose personal details such as: status, gender, occupation and company details. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks again, Adele.

peterraven
    Participant

Good, brief, survey… Completed as well

TiredOldHack
    Participant

Adele – I’m willing to help. Possibly not the stereotypical Comfort Class air traveller, mind.

AdeleMcAulay
    Participant

Thank you very much. I waited a few days to see if anyone else would like to take part, I completly understand how busy people are though. I’m thinking of a one to one interview? If you could email me on <a href="mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected] we can discuss this further, thanks again! Speak soon.

TiredOldHack
    Participant

Emailed.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Ditto.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

PS. I suggest you add a photo and make a few connections which will give other the opportunity to check your credentials. You may then get more people willing to help you.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls