Business class for travel.

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

• abey27
    Participant

What are the top benefits of choosing business class flights for international travel?

2 users thanked author for this post.

cybertravller
    Participant

Off the top of my head, the following:

Usually, a greater luggage allowance (2x32kg)
    Lounge access
    Lie flat bed on board and more space per passenger
    a better quality of food and beverage.
    Early boarding

1 user thanked author for this post.

superchris
    Participant

It depends massively on whether Im working or leisure.

If im working its about productivity, allowing me to get the job done and get home whilst concentrating on work.

Johnnyg
    Participant

Lounge
    Luggage
    Decent seat

but everythig can be ruined by a poor on board service, a friendly crew is a major item. A miserable unhelpful crew member can ruin a flight.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

another consideration is benefits of collecting airmiles and business class generally generates more miles.

There were and probably are still some ex-Europe routes for international long-haul travel that could generate sufficient airmiles for several inter Europe economy flights. But you need to enjoy flying to really benefit.. from flying multiple sectors…

LetsFlyNow
    Participant

The seat – this is the reason why i’ve stopped flying LH/LX and changed my allegiance to AF/KLM/SQ/BR. I love to get to my destination well fed & relaxed.
    Food and drinks
    Lounge access
    Luggage (though these days i barely carry more than 20kgs as i take shorter trips lasting at most 2-3Wks

GivingupBA
    Participant

Top benefits depend entirely on the person. For some it’s food, some lounges, some seat, some drink.

For me it’s 95% the seat, preferably lie-flat with lots of space around it. I am tall and can hardly fit into long haul economy seating.

I couldn’t care less about the food and drink, luggage, staff service, or early boarding.

fsav81
    Participant

On long-haul it’s primarily the additional space and comfort for me.

On shorter-haul it’s primarily not having to fight for overhead space for my bags! And of course a glass or two of champagne (especially if it’s a leisure trip) is also very pleasant.

Then of course the additional loyalty points which, in turn gives you access to lounge, increased luggage allowance, preferential treatment, upgrades. All in all, I’m a big fan!

Inquisitive
    Participant

OP, just travel in one of the reputed airlines business class, long haul, you will come to know!

I am fortunate to travel numerous long haul business class for my company work and now I dread travelling economy even for short haul for my leisure trips.

In simple term, similar difference like travelling from home to airport in a taxi vs train/bus. Or staying in a nice 3 bedroom apartment vs. living in a dingy one room apartment for entire life.

AJDC
    Participant

For me it’s the overall comfort that this class provides

Early boarding and disembarking
    The better quality food
    The seat which turns flat allowing me to sleep.
    The lounges: food offerings and better place to rest and relax than the general departure area
    The lounge suit which allows me to get off of a flight without looking a crumpled mess.
    On some carriers: the ability to eat when I want.

BPP
    Participant

AJDC sums it up nicely.

What do I like about travelling in Business Class – most things!
    What do I like about travelling in Economy – very little!

ViajeroUK
    Participant

One thing not mentioned so far which does normally save time is Priority Lane at security.

Agree with other comments re:-
    Lounge Access
    Priority Boarding
    Overhead Locker space
    Lie flat seat/bed for long haul, or middle seat free on short haul
    Meal choices with good drinks options (usually)
    Disembark promptly

Another possible advantage is more help from airline ground staff if/when things go wrong

LetsFlyNow
    Participant

@ViajeroUK
    Indeed the priority lane. But i think most contributors here have an elite status with an airline or two that’s why no one is mentioning it.

Indeed nothing beats running late to the airline and seeking out the fast track into the terminal.

ViajeroUK
    Participant

@LetsFlyNow

Agree that Status is useful but I have used Oneworld airlines a few times and my Skyteam Plat doesn’t work with them.

Frequent Traveller
    Participant

It is a kind of must to travel in businness class for business trip, particularly when you have to work upon your arrival.

At least, you can work in the air and sleep in the air.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls