Business class flights to Singapore

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

• flyingcanadian
    Participant

Hi ChristopheL,

Thanks for replying to my thread. No I a not joking!
    I am a Canadian Pensioner, and to me people make the world go round. My wife is dead, but I have a 12yrs old son. We are both GOLD *A and travel in Business. My son makes friends all over the world, and we had been in Asia when the Volcano erupted, and they eventually closed ALL EUROPEAN AIR SPACE. WE were put up in Hotels at SQ’s expense, and while in the Lounge, we got talking to other PAX stuck there. There was this one Gentleman who had a FC seat on SQ, (and there is only 8-12 seats on each AC, while you have 50-90 in Business). He was very nice, polite, but he was adamant that he was going to wait for a FC seat. This was APRIL and SQ TOLD HIM he had a confirmed seat in May, but could stand-by every day!!
    OK, we all like our comforts, but I think in this instance, swallow your Pride, and take a Business Class seat! WE got to Instanbul, where we got stuck for another week, all courtesy of SQ and LX.
    MY son was late back to school, but the headmaster had not expeced him at all. There were several teachers stuck in Spain on an Easter conference!
    ANYWAY, thank you. It has caused a few smiles when I tell it, but “GET A LIFE”!
    Happy flights to you this summer!

flyingcanadian
    Participant

Hi LivingLife,
    Faroflyer is correct, and I had thought of another idea, which has been discussed many times on this web site.
    ORIGINATE your flt in Europe, and that way you avoid the HUGE ADT AND OTHER TAXES which the Government impose on flts ex UK. However, with the wife, and the flt/Eurostar to Europe might wash out any advantage you gain. FF will tell you the best departure points, (I have seen many threads on this subject over the years), but as a ONE OFF for your Cruise, you probably will not save much. On a Business class Long haul, the taxes could be as much as £400-£500 each ex UK.
    This tax is killing tourists to UK, and even WW has asked the Chancellor to re-think the duty and tax.

skywards
    Participant

Easyjet to AMS, Egypt Air to BKK, AirAsia to SIN. and probably still have over £1,000 left.

What about China Southern?…they use the Dreamliner from LHR.

sparkyflier
    Participant

If you like Virgin and wish to continue earning loyalty/tiers points and miles, then consider Singapore Airlines as Virgin still I understand have a codeshare with them.

JKL
    Participant

I would second the recommendations for MH. Their A380 is pretty good and their business class fares are usually around £2-2.5k. Also just a short hop from KL to SIN and plenty of flights, which may be preferable to a 7hr + 7hr split.

I’ve done a few flights with MH in the last couple of weeks and all have been pretty much full, so presumably not too many cancellations despite their offer of full refunds. I too hope they don’t go under – they’re very good and it would be a shame if they did. Perhaps if anything, the MH17 tragedy will make the Malaysian government more inclined to ensure they don’t?

MrMichael
    Participant

I think the world will want to make sure they don’t.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I haven’t flown Jet from the UK to India, but flew them from BOM-SIN last year. In contrast to Moadweeb’s experience, I had full flat beds on an A330 and had an absolutely excellent flight. You can read my review here: http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/Jet-Airways-A330-200-Premiere-(business). Bear in mind I took that flight before the new airport opened in Mumbai

If you can be sure of getting their flat bed seats, I think they have an excellent product and you should at least consider them

Moadweeb
    Participant

Ian_From_HKG :

You were the last few of the lucky ones to experience the full flat bed on their A320/330 to Singapore. They have switched both aircraft now to a small Boeing 737-800 Series. See the flight info from the Jet Airways website as per below. These are run of the mill Business Class seats with a small recline and no entertainment inflight. The Jet Airways crew are also fed-up with the complaints of the Business Class passengers.

Flight: 9W12
    Operated By: Jet Airways
    Departure: Mumbai (BOM)
    Terminal: TERMINAL 2 INTERNATIONAL
    Date: Thu 01 Jan 15
    Time: 01:30
    Arrival: Singapore (SIN)
    Terminal: TERMINAL 3
    Date: Thu 01 Jan 15
    Time: 09:30
    Stops: 0
    Duration: 05h 30m
    Aircraft Type: Boeing 737

Regards,
    Moadweeb.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Ah – hadn’t realised that, Moadweeb.

LivingLifeUK – perhaps worth exploring Jet to India and then another onward carrier?

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls