Business Class deals ex-UK to South America – ideas?

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Hi All,

Planning a trip in the autumn taking in Buenos Aires, Santiago de Chile and Montevideo (the order of visiting the cities is open). I’ve been looking for an affordable Business Class fare, at least on the long haul sector.

The best I can come up with is LX to Buenos Aires via Sao Paulo for around GBP 1,800 return, with a LAN Chile flight across the Andes for about GBP 500 return (economy). The visit to Uruguay would have to be by land.

Has anyone any better routing or other ideas?

Many thanks as usual, Simon

Potakas
    Participant

Nice price for the long haul sector, did you search through a search engine or direct from LX? I checked with iberia and it was far more expensive (3K+ pounds).

But i checked the flights between Buenos and Santiago and i found them much cheaper, 130-150 pounds return trip economy per person (LAN).

Also if you want to flight to Uruguay i found flights at around 70 pounds (LAN) return BUE-MVD. Still this price is much cheaper than the 500 pound you said.

So you could make your main visit to Buenos, visit Uruguay, come back to Buenos and then a return trip to Santiago. You will have one more flight but the oneway flights are too expensive.

(http://gr.skyscanner.com/flights/buea/scl/101013/101020/airfares-from-buenos-aires-to-santiago-arturo-merino-benitez-in-october-2010.html)

Regards

Potakas

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Hi Potakas,

I put some dummy dates for the autumn into Swiss’ website booking engine and got a fare just under GBP 2,000 to Buenos Aires and about the same to Santiago. These were non-flexible Business Class fares.

Thanks for the info re the “internal” flights. I hadn’t thought about flying across to Montevideo, but at that price….

I’m probably looking at late November or early December, so at least time is on my side.

One minor conundrum – why is it that every time I take a trip to a European destination, the pound depreciates against the Euro but appreciates against the dollar, and vice versa happens whenever I go to a dollar-linked currency country? As I go to China next week, I expect the markets are already braced for the dollar rising against the pound! Sod’s Law?

Regards, Simon

BAdboys
    Participant

If you call Dial-a-Flight and ask to speak to Reid, he has all the cheap IB Business Class flights to hand. I use them all the time and they are the cheapest.
    Good luck

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls