Budget hotels – all mod cons?

Back to Forum

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  GivingupBA 19 Jun 2018
at 13:20

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Rob
    Participant

I realise that many Business Travellers will be regular guests at high-end hotels with gym, spa, numerous restaurants and rooms with all manner of hi-tech interactive controls – a list so long most of us never even realise half of what’s available.

However, hotels at the budget end also want to ensure we don’t miss out on their comprehensive offering.

I stayed in a hotel in Central London a couple weeks ago (booked through a well-known online website) which detailed the following room facilities – ‘TV, air-conditioning, desk, towels, carpets and toilet paper’.

I can confirm that all advertised facilities were present and correct.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Almost in reverse order of importance.

I stayed in a serviced apartment last year which did provide toilet paper and even had a lovely welcome pack of chocolate, bottled water, some high-end teas and even a coffee-making machine. What it lacked, however, was a bar of soap (or a dispenser).

Of course I went out and bought some, but since all previous occupants of the room would have suffered the same omission, it did make me wonder how clean the rest of the apartment was.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

“Budget Hotels” – I wonder how these are defined? I was researching hotels in London recently for a client and came across a budget hotel costing just south of £200, whilst I ended up putting him up in a 3/4 star for around £130 per night…

Sanaa
    Participant

I believe that we do spend a lot on our Lifestyle, Especially during travel, we ensure to get the best accommodation during this process we end up burning our pockets.
    It is essential for us to make sure we save on our travel and accommodations. Maybe we can use E-comm sites for discounts and offers and not compromise on your accommodation or travel.

I generally save up by using Discounts and coupons from GrabOn, as they are more reliable.

GivingupBA
    Participant

“Budget Hotels” – I wonder how these are defined? I was researching hotels in London recently for a client and came across a budget hotel costing just south of £200, whilst I ended up putting him up in a 3/4 star for around £130 per night…

That’s right, Martyn, London hotels have been getting ridiculous for years now. And in my opinion they’re not even good value for money compared with hotels in most similar-sized cities around the world. That’s why I prefer the Sofitel Heathrow despite the distance [disclaimer, I’m not associated with Sofitel].

Rob, your post cheered me up, carpets and toilet paper, whatever next?!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls